Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How to get the best exchange rate !

How to get the best exchange rate !

Old Apr 10th 2008, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

AndrewandKarl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to get the best exchange rate !

Hey my name is karl and im moving to Austrialla with my partner Andrew. Were having problems trying to find the best rate exchange rate to change my Sterling into Aus Dollars.

Is there anyone else having the same problem as me ?

Is there anyone who could advise me on this as mine and Andrews stress levels are through the roof. ahhhhh .... Help.....
Old Apr 10th 2008, 3:34 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to get the best exchange rate !

Originally Posted by AndrewandKarl
Hey my name is karl and im moving to Austrialla with my partner Andrew. Were having problems trying to find the best rate exchange rate to change my Sterling into Aus Dollars.

Is there anyone else having the same problem as me ?

Is there anyone who could advise me on this as mine and Andrews stress levels are through the roof. ahhhhh .... Help.....
exchange the lot for chips and put the lot on red

or click on ozfrex at the top of the page
Old Apr 10th 2008, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

Arty58 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Andrew and Karl,

This should help you save a bit of time trying to get the best exchange rates try a comparison website called currencyfinder.co.uk it checks all the best prices from currency companies in the UK. Hopefully that will reduce your stress levels now.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

For under 10k go to http://www.tranzfers.com/
For over 10K go to www.hifx.co.uk or as Ast suggested Ozforex

Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by aston man
God I would be tempted!!! Maybe not the lot but ...........
Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:15 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

[/QUOTE]

Repeatedly bang your head against a wall and wait 12 months -lol

Old Apr 10th 2008, 9:49 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mairead
God I would be tempted!!! Maybe not the lot but ...........
it would be great if it happened for you,dont do it though...

good luck to you..

ast
Old Apr 11th 2008, 12:10 am
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold

http://www.xetrade.com/
Old Apr 17th 2008, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

AndrewandKarl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aston man

or click on ozfrex at the top of the page
Hey tried the Oz Forex ...mmmm rates where just okay on small amounts. But the larger amounts there was a big difference between them and the other company's I checked with do you know anymore out in Aus land.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 1:52 pm
Whey hey got my Visa

allankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mairead
For under 10k go to http://www.tranzfers.com/
For over 10K go to www.hifx.co.uk or as Ast suggested Ozforex

Just noticed when signing up for a Tranzfers.com a/c that they are actually OzForex under a different name. Does anyone know what the do differently than Ozforex themselves?

Cheers

Allan
Old Apr 17th 2008, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future

If you talk to a big bank in the UK they will give you spot rate which is within a fraction of a percent of actual rate. Phone your bank tomorrow, ask for the forex department, and ask "What is the spot rate for UKP100K to AUD", you may be surprised. Later phone a few others. Don't bullshit, tell them your emigrating and want the spot rate.

Mike.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future

BTW, if you know you've sold your house (Absolutely definitely) and your getting your money in (say) 2 months time, then go into your bank and ask them "what rate will you give to sell forward UKP to AUD in 2 months time". They will give you a rate that they will stick to. You may have to push a little to get though to the forex people.

Mike.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 2:37 pm
Whey hey got my Visa

allankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to all

Originally Posted by allankate
Just noticed when signing up for a Tranzfers.com a/c that they are actually OzForex under a different name. Does anyone know what the do differently than Ozforex themselves?

Cheers

Allan
Re my post above, Tranzfers.com just phoned me and they are the same company as Ozforex.

Only difference is Ozforex won't deal under £1K where as Tranzfers do.

Also with Ozforex you get a guaranteed rate over the phone and are given a number of days to get the money to them, where as Tranzfers.com you have to send your money first and when it's received they'll give you the spot rate at that time.

So depends what you're doing and what suits you best as to which you choose.

Cheers

Allan
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by allankate
Re my post above, Tranzfers.com just phoned me and they are the same company as Ozforex.

Only difference is Ozforex won't deal under £1K where as Tranzfers do.

Also with Ozforex you get a guaranteed rate over the phone and are given a number of days to get the money to them, where as Tranzfers.com you have to send your money first and when it's received they'll give you the spot rate at that time.

So depends what you're doing and what suits you best as to which you choose.

Cheers

Allan
Did you try your bank? What did they offer?

Mike.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:31 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

In my experience HiFX gave better rates for larger sums (6 figure sums) than Ozforex. They also gave me an excellent forward rate way back in May 2007 which was the best move I ever made (in hindsight). However its not a true forward deal in that they exchnage on the day you the deal, you just pay later and use the interest rate differential as funding the interest.
Barclays in UK were awful but do shop around.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.