Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How to get a £ sign on a US keyboard

How to get a £ sign on a US keyboard

Old Jan 15th 2004, 7:33 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to get a £ sign on a US keyboard

Hold the ALT key and then type 0163 on the numeric keypad. It produces £, the pound sign.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 10:26 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Well done, I'll stop typing GBP now and use £ instead (hey, it worked!)
Old Jan 16th 2004, 12:18 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: How to get a £ sign on a US keyboard

Originally posted by bondipom
Hold the ALT key and then type 0163 on the numeric keypad. It produces £, the pound sign.
nope It doesn't work with me.. must be a "no worries, she'll be right" keyboard. Work damn you!!! I said work!! ... nope, I can't get it to work... it's gone on strike

(Logitech, cordless/infra red keyboard)

cheers
Old Jan 16th 2004, 12:30 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Ceri
nope It doesn't work with me.. must be a "no worries, she'll be right" keyboard. Work damn you!!! I said work!! ... nope, I can't get it to work... it's gone on strike

cheers
Num Lock NumBat
Old Jan 16th 2004, 12:35 am
ABCDiamond

cheers
Did you keep the ALT key held down while typing the whole 0163 ?

Old Jan 16th 2004, 12:42 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

£..... £

Diamond - press the num lock, then alt (yes hold down the alt while typing in the numbers) then press any key.
£

knew this message board must be useful for something one day
Old Jan 16th 2004, 12:51 am
ABCDiamond

knew this message board must be useful for something one day
LOL

Old Jan 16th 2004, 4:13 am
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future

I had an american laptop, went into the control panel, double clicked the keyboard icon, click the language tab and changed the settings to British. £ sign comes up normal then on either number 3 or 4.

Andy
Old Jan 16th 2004, 4:23 am
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

And then by typing different numbers you get:

¢£¤¥¦§¨©ªíþ

hours of fun!
Old Jan 16th 2004, 6:12 am
Just Joined

Iceblock is an unknown quantity at this point

Try alt + 156 as well.
Old Jan 16th 2004, 6:54 am
Goodpubmisser

Originally posted by andy thomas
I had an american laptop, went into the control panel, double clicked the keyboard icon, click the language tab and changed the settings to British. £ sign comes up normal then on either number 3 or 4.

Andy

This one works with my Australian (actually mainly Taiwanese) desktop.

I did not realize that it had this feature.

Old Jan 16th 2004, 7:15 am
joem

You can use character map to type or copy special characters.

Go to Start - Programs - Accessories - System Tools - Character Map.

Rarely used but can come in handy

joem

Old Jan 16th 2004, 7:49 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Goodpubmisser
This one works with my Australian (actually mainly Taiwanese) desktop.

I did not realize that it had this feature.
You will find your "Input Locale" is US or Intl US.
Old Jan 16th 2004, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah !!!well done, we were going to post a message asking how to find the £ sign and now we know. Thanks bondipom

Gill £ Robert
Old Jan 16th 2004, 9:44 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

lmffao surely just typing GBP is a tad quicker than alt + telefone numbers

â„¢

hold alt 0665 for â„¢ pmsl ffs u got me doin it now grrrrrrrrrrr

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.