Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How funny is this NOT

How funny is this NOT

Old Jun 24th 2005, 12:10 pm
F.U.B.A.R

Homer will become famous soon enoughHomer will become famous soon enough
Angry How funny is this NOT

Just called our shippers because as i posted in another thread our TV is not working it has different colour down one side.Now like any sane person we took out insurance with the company to cover our TV video DVD well all the expensive stuff anyway.Now we get told there is a Claus in the contract to say the TV is not covert because they do not now what the state of the TV was when they picked it up, So why do they ask you in the itemised list if you want to cover your TV i just dont get it Well if they dont sort this out i will let you all know which shippers it was and they can sue me for slander for all i care.

Last edited by Homer; Jun 24th 2005 at 12:12 pm.
Old Jun 24th 2005, 12:13 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How funny is this NOT

Originally Posted by Homer
Just called our shippers because as i posted in another thread our TV is not working it has different colour down one side.Now like any sane person we took out insurance with the company to cover our TV video DVD well all the expensive stuff anyway.Now we get told there is a Claus in the contract to say the TV is not covert because they do not now what the state of the TV was when they picked it up, So why do they ask you in the itemised list if you want to cover your TV i just dont get it Well if they dont sort this out i will let you all know which shippers it was and they can sue me for slander for all i care.
Can't be slander if it's fact based. Sending you some new tv karma
Anne
Old Jun 24th 2005, 12:25 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

buy a tv card for computer off www.ebay.com.au for now. they do pci for desktop and usb for laptop. I have both and work great. Cheaper option for now!
Old Jun 24th 2005, 12:33 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

If somebody sold you a policy that they accepted with an itemised list including said TV, and then they tell you afterwards that any claim is null & void because they didnt check it... Id say you had strong recourse.

Threaten insurance ombudsman - see what happens. If they dont have a specific clause that says ' TV's (etc) are ALL excluded from this policy " then they're knackered. If they do have one and you were advised otherwise (they kinda defacto have admitted they'll insure the TV by including it on the itemised list) then whoever advised you / sold you the policy is at fault and liable for consequential damage. (at least if you use those words with them that might swing something ;-) ).

Good news is TV's here are cheap to get you by.
Old Jun 24th 2005, 12:50 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I had a similar thing Homer.

They dropped my gurt big dolby surroundsound 32" Panasonic widescreen set and it is now in the TV knackers yard.

I had great difficulty claiming for it even though the delivering chaps signed to say it was damaged upon delivery.

It was a matter that the insurance company was clearly doing all it could to avoid a settlement. It was as if the person handling the claim was on a commission based on how much they underpaid a claim.

Not what the removal companies literature says is it ? Quick settlement / peace of mind.

Anyway to cut a long story short I got my dosh but only after several emails and phonecalls not just to the insurer but also the removalist.

It's a war of attrition, dig in mate and stick with it.

I think the training courses they take has forgotten the number one selling tool in any industry - advocacy. Word of mouth is the best business any company can gain.

Conversely negative advocacy is the most dangerous risk to their business. It's the old saying that bad news travels fast.

I had patience and eventually succeeded but had I failed then I would have been on here slating them at every opportunity and telling all and sundry not to trust them.

There are also other popular websites devoted to bad service companies where you can get your message home.

The sales figures of companies on there do take a dive. Hit them where it hurts; in the pocket.
Old Jun 24th 2005, 12:54 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

The trouble is Spalen - prove it

.......and quite often if you use the Jodrell Bank telescope you will find small print that covers their ass.

Irrespective of that you have to pursue the claim.
Old Jun 24th 2005, 12:57 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

this wont help no, but can we not start a trend of getting the removals guys to tick off a checklist before packing like
tv working -check-pack
video working-check-pack

have a list so tht it can be proved?

just a thought
alk
Old Jun 24th 2005, 1:00 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by alkristensen
this wont help no, but can we not start a trend of getting the removals guys to tick off a checklist before packing like
tv working -check-pack
video working-check-pack

have a list so tht it can be proved?

just a thought
alk
Yes, why not, at least on major items.

They packed our stuff and do point out any problems they find so it can be noted before shipment.
Old Jun 24th 2005, 1:04 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

There might not be a fault with the tv. Someone else had that problem - think they are in Perth. Turned out something else was too close, sorry can't remember details. Brian might have sorted it out (Siren's other half). I am sure he posted on it anyway. About five or six months ago I think.

I'll have a quick search.
Old Jun 24th 2005, 1:09 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by moneypen20
There might not be a fault with the tv. Someone else had that problem - think they are in Perth. Turned out something else was too close, sorry can't remember details. Brian might have sorted it out (Siren's other half). I am sure he posted on it anyway. About five or six months ago I think.

I'll have a quick search.
No need MP.
We covered that in the other thread
Old Jun 24th 2005, 1:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
if you use the Jodrell Bank telescope you will find small print that covers their ass.

Have you been star gazing again Bix?

Or did the small print get in the way?

JTL
Old Jun 24th 2005, 1:38 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
No need MP.
We covered that in the other thread
ahh! concentration never was my strong point
Old Jun 24th 2005, 1:51 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Have you been star gazing again Bix?

Or did the small print get in the way?

JTL
No, I was just sniffing the tin
Attached Thumbnails How funny is this NOT-bixstripper.gif  
Old Jun 24th 2005, 10:58 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

This applies to monitors and will also apply to TVs:

http://www.webopedia.com/DidYouKnow/...emispheres.asp

I don't reckon that's what's happened to your telly though.
Old Jun 24th 2005, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

If you have a speaker, or something else thats got a big magnetic field, too near the T.V, that can often cause discolouration of the picture.

Of course, it could also be goosed........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.