Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How flamin 'ot is it.

How flamin 'ot is it.

Old Sep 12th 2003, 4:02 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default How flamin 'ot is it.

Thought I'd further enhance me day off by sitting out on the deck by the pool. Trouble is the deck is so hot that I burnt my feet. What the hell is going on, burnt feet dont usually come till November at least. (Image of dotty running down beach screaming from burning sand).

Is this hot crap going to keep up? If its 33 now what the hell is it going to be in December?

:scared:
Old Sep 12th 2003, 4:04 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Now Dotty - you're in Australia - be laid back!! Don't stress!! No Worries mate it's only burnt feet!!

The sun has appeared momentarily in Perth! I'm off out for a blast!

D
Old Sep 12th 2003, 4:12 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: How flamin 'ot is it.

Originally posted by dotty
Thought I'd further enhance me day off by sitting out on the deck by the pool. Trouble is the deck is so hot that I burnt my feet. What the hell is going on, burnt feet dont usually come till November at least. (Image of dotty running down beach screaming from burning sand).

Is this hot crap going to keep up? If its 33 now what the hell is it going to be in December?

quit you moaning... I love this weather., it's not too hot.. it is really nice.. hubby's in a grump thou too, he hates it.. he's just like his mum..lol... gets grumpy in the heat

Probably about the only thing I'm going miss when I go back is the warmth.

This is lovely weather.. not humid yet tho, if it stays like this (without the really humid weather) I'm a happy lassie
Old Sep 12th 2003, 4:41 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

OMG, just checked BOM (see link) and its got a 34.9C max measured in Brisbane today!

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDQ65113.shtml
Old Sep 12th 2003, 4:41 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ceri
quit you moaning... I love this weather., it's not too hot.. it is really nice.. hubby's in a grump thou too, he hates it.. he's just like his mum..lol... gets grumpy in the heat

Probably about the only thing I'm going miss when I go back is the warmth.

This is lovely weather.. not humid yet tho, if it stays like this (without the really humid weather) I'm a happy lassie
I can't wait 'till it's 33 in Perth.
Old Sep 12th 2003, 4:55 am
BE Enthusiast

april is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dotty

Dotty we have had one hell of a heat wave (in Canada of all places) It went on for over 3 months lowest temp was 32, Went up to 40 degrees for weeks it was a nightmare, We had fires like you would'nt believe hundred of homes went up.
Today it rained...... never been so happy ..........
Snow...... bring it on....... I can always buy me a nice warm coat "lol"
Old Sep 12th 2003, 5:02 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

you want sit out on cape moreton in a boat you do , rod in one hand, and cool drink in the other... that's only 24.3... or try the seaway in the gold coast 24.1c... ahh lovely..

I feel a fishing trip coming on... I haven't been out for ages in the boat.. too much to do with moving house. Most of my weekends are spent sorting out the house.... I need a break!
Old Sep 12th 2003, 5:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by april
Dotty we have had one hell of a heat wave (in Canada of all places) It went on for over 3 months lowest temp was 32, Went up to 40 degrees for weeks it was a nightmare, We had fires like you would'nt believe hundred of homes went up.
Today it rained...... never been so happy ..........
Snow...... bring it on....... I can always buy me a nice warm coat "lol"
I sure hope your not planning to emigrate to Oz, as you DEF wouldn't like it here. Try NZ not so extreme.
Old Sep 12th 2003, 5:10 am
BE Enthusiast

april is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
I sure hope your not planning to emigrate to Oz, as you DEF wouldn't like it here. Try NZ not so extreme.

You are right I'm staying put. Happy as a pig in **** as they say here
Old Sep 12th 2003, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Where are the "it only gets to 29" Brigade now??

September
October
November
December
January
February
March
April
Ah cool again May.

Beautiful one day boilin' the next.
Old Sep 12th 2003, 5:20 am
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

A very pleasant 24ish in Sydney. Pity it will be cold and dark by the time I get home. Anyone know when the mozzies appear?
Old Sep 12th 2003, 5:44 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by dracupg
A very pleasant 24ish in Sydney. Pity it will be cold and dark by the time I get home. Anyone know when the mozzies appear?
now around here.. if I sit out on the patio at night.. I will get bitten, but I have a bush at the back.. anyway, they've been around for a while up here where I am .. they are just starting to get active... Sydney shouldn't be too far off.

You'll notice in a few months (maybe even a matter of weeks) the temp of Sydney will be around the same as Brisbane.. it's just the winters here are more warmer than in Sydney... plus the humidity levels here in brisbane are a lot higher than in Sydney. Trust me .. you're going to be on par with us soon regarding temps

cheers

P.s mind you this warm weather here is early.. I would say we normally get this around the end of October on a usual year.
Old Sep 12th 2003, 5:46 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

I got bitten last week when it was quite warm here in Perth. Got the scar to prove it.:scared:
Old Sep 12th 2003, 6:03 am
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dracupg
Anyone know when the mozzies appear?
The second I step outside at my house
Old Sep 12th 2003, 6:09 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

Gotta say that's not my experience. Summer in Brissie is WAY hotter. Two summers ago (that's the one with all the Sydney bush fires) I was down in Sydney for three months, and that was cool compared to lasts years summer in Brisbane which was very mild compared to the Brisbane summer during my time in Sydney.

If I remember correctly, Brisbane hit 40 deg C around Xmas, it was never close in Sydney. I remember feeling a little let down by that summer.

However, I nipped out the office today, and was really loving to have the warmth back. 10 minutes later I couldn't wait to get back into the aircon. I forgot that this kind of heat is great while you aren't doing anything active.

I can't imagine what all the poms were feeling a few weeks ago back in Blighty.

Originally posted by Ceri
You'll notice in a few months (maybe even a matter of weeks) the temp of Sydney will be around the same as Brisbane.. it's just

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.