Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How to find furnished rantals in Melbourne / Geelong?

How to find furnished rantals in Melbourne / Geelong?

Old Aug 16th 2009, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

Neil B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to find furnished rantals in Melbourne / Geelong?

Hi Guys,

Can anyone suggest where i might be able to search for furnished rented accommodation in Geelong / Melbourne area? I'll be over for 6-12 months but all the places I've looked at only seem to be holiday type rentals?

I have been using http://www.realestate.com.au/ but it doesn't have a way of searching only furnished properties.

Any help?

Many Thanks!
Old Aug 17th 2009, 3:33 am
BE Enthusiast

karensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to all
Default Re: How to find furnished rantals in Melbourne / Geelong?

Originally Posted by Neil B
Hi Guys,

Can anyone suggest where i might be able to search for furnished rented accommodation in Geelong / Melbourne area? I'll be over for 6-12 months but all the places I've looked at only seem to be holiday type rentals?

I have been using http://www.realestate.com.au/ but it doesn't have a way of searching only furnished properties.

Any help?

Many Thanks!
Try CJKeanes estate agents they often advertise them in local paper.
karen
Old Aug 17th 2009, 3:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

Have a look on the gumtree website
Old Aug 17th 2009, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

UK-2-OZ will become famous soon enoughUK-2-OZ will become famous soon enough

Unfortunately, probably 98% of rentals in Melbourne are unfurnished and on 12 month tenancies, so this is probably why you are only getting holiday type accommodation in your search.
You could consider taking out an unfurnished rental and either renting the furniture or purchasing a house package at places like fantastic furniture which would cost around $1999.
Good luck
Kate
Old Aug 17th 2009, 10:00 am
Just Joined

Neil B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by UK-2-OZ
Unfortunately, probably 98% of rentals in Melbourne are unfurnished and on 12 month tenancies, so this is probably why you are only getting holiday type accommodation in your search.
You could consider taking out an unfurnished rental and either renting the furniture or purchasing a house package at places like fantastic furniture which would cost around $1999.
Good luck
Kate
House packages? Never heard of them but a good idea and not a bad price! Will check it out. Thanks for the advice!!
Old Aug 17th 2009, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

beachlou is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by UK-2-OZ
Good luck
Kate
I'm also looking for accomodation on our arrival in early Jan next year. I've been looking at your website, Kate, and it's looks a great source of information.
Old Aug 18th 2009, 1:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Neil B
House packages? Never heard of them but a good idea and not a bad price! Will check it out. Thanks for the advice!!
Take a look here: http://www.fantasticfurniture.com.au...d=62&Folder=30 unfortunately electrical goods are not included but you could rent these if required or maybe purchase second hand from ebay.
Old Aug 18th 2009, 1:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by beachlou
I'm also looking for accomodation on our arrival in early Jan next year. I've been looking at your website, Kate, and it's looks a great source of information.
Thanks Beachlou, we are adding more and more information all the time. It never ends,
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 11:38 am
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light

Radio Rentals are pretty big over here along with a couple of other companies that rent out all sorts of electrical goods and furniture. The longer you rent for, the cheaper it is.

Lisa
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

ronnie98 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by beachlou
what web site? thanks
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

chilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nice

Originally Posted by ronnie98
what web site? thanks
web link is in Karens sig at the bottom of her post ....

http://www.moving-to-melbourne.co.uk/index.html
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 6:45 am
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of

We too are moving over melly in the next month or so,so will need to find a place for bout 3/4 weeks,so i need to barter with some owners
Old Aug 27th 2009, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

chilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nice

Looks like I am heading out end September now & will need to sort something pretty quick
Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

We have just had two cancellations for mid September, one includes use of a car if required. Otherwise take a look at the Stayz website it may help. Good luck and I hope you find something quickly.