Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how fast does your grass go man... ;)

how fast does your grass go man... ;)

Old Oct 19th 2005, 4:17 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all
Exclamation how fast does your grass go man... ;)

how much faster does your grass grown in australia?

the time has come where i can't face another sunday cutting the lawn and i'm wondering when/if the grass stops growing and starts to dry up!

we have about 2 acres we're trying to keep short (below knee depth) and we're struggling! the little pushalong hasn't chewed this much grass in its life! and the new whipper is getting a right battering! (we broke the first one in a weekend!! but i reckon it was just a duffer).

We've been thinking about either getting a few goats or sheeps or something else that turns grass to shiat or getting a ride-on.

anyway. Are there any people out there with advise on how to cut large acres of lawn quickly, easily and cheaply? or any other lawny type topics that need discussion.

..(helen, i was really busy, honest, but i'd half written this while you were going to the loo! )

cheers all!
MOOOOO!
Old Oct 19th 2005, 4:27 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how fast does your grass go man... ;)

2 litres of unleaded + a box of matches
Old Oct 19th 2005, 4:40 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spalen
2 litres of unleaded + a box of matches

We are talking 2 acres here, that works out about a teaspoon per square metre. No no no.

Do the job right. Use 20 litres.

Oh and remove the goats and sheep first
Old Oct 19th 2005, 4:42 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Unless you're having a BBQ.

Then leave the goats and sheep where they are.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 5:06 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

trust me! in the UK i would have probably done it by now. I've weed killered more than my share of lawns in the past.

i wouldn't want to be held responsible for starting the next canberra fire season off... mind you, the amount of sheep and cows that we have around us we'd be able to stock up on lamb and beef for the next few years!
Old Oct 19th 2005, 5:09 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scutterUK

the time has come where i can't face another sunday cutting the lawn and i'm wondering when/if the grass stops growing and starts to dry up!

we have about 2 acres we're trying to keep short (below knee depth) and we're struggling! the little pushalong hasn't chewed this much grass in its life! and the new whipper is getting a right battering! (we broke the first one in a weekend!! but i reckon it was just a duffer).

We've been thinking about either getting a few goats or sheeps or something else that turns grass to shiat or getting a ride-on.

anyway. Are there any people out there with advise on how to cut large acres of lawn quickly, easily and cheaply? or any other lawny type topics that need discussion.

..(helen, i was really busy, honest, but i'd half written this while you were going to the loo! )

cheers all!
MOOOOO!

LOL...oh SURE!!!!!!! If you didnt wanna talk to me on MSN ya could have just said so

BTW....Give it a few more weeks and it will be good to cut and bail and sell off as Hay!

Or ask around locally to borrow a few sheep or cows off someone for a weekend? Saves you having to feed them through the summer when there is no grass at all...
Old Oct 19th 2005, 6:28 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Get sheep not goats. Goats are browsers and sheep are grazers.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 6:47 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

cheers all!
MOOOOO!
We have 5 acres and I use a Toro ride on.

Before I bought the rideon, we rented a mowerman to come. He uses a zero turn and can do an acre per hour. Charge is about 20-30 bucks per acre.

Steve
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:37 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

!

just quick enough to smoke it man
Old Oct 19th 2005, 8:35 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by renth
Get sheep not goats. Goats are browsers

It gets on my nerves, they never buy anything, they just read all the magazines and handle all the foods.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 8:41 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by A dogs life
It gets on my nerves, they never buy anything, they just read all the magazines and handle all the foods.
Your just bitter cos they distract the shop assistants who then **** up your change
Old Oct 19th 2005, 11:00 pm
life begins again...

Originally Posted by cresta57
Your just bitter cos they distract the shop assistants who then **** up your change
PMSL...

yeah i'm not too keen on getting goats, my gf wants one though, she thinks they're cute......

i'm still trying to get the rideon.... a big V8 4x4 would be good guurgurgurgur... (sorry hard to do tim allen in text)
Old Oct 20th 2005, 12:14 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

PMSL...

yeah i'm not too keen on getting goats, my gf wants one though, she thinks they're cute......

i'm still trying to get the rideon.... a big V8 4x4 would be good guurgurgurgur... (sorry hard to do tim allen in text)

Like she needs anymore pets!!!

Old Oct 20th 2005, 12:22 am
life begins again...

Originally Posted by Hels
Like she needs anymore pets!!!

well as long as she doesn't try to get them to do any agility trials, that's all i'll say.

Old Oct 20th 2005, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
Unless you're having a BBQ.

Then leave the goats and sheep where they are.
PMSL

Now wheres the number for the RSPCA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.