Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How far is winston hills to Sydney CBD?

How far is winston hills to Sydney CBD?

Old Sep 10th 2005, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

lonelysin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How far is winston hills to Sydney CBD?

Hi

Anyone here knows how far is winston hills to Sydney CBD? E.g. Opera House, Harbour bridge, Manly, UNSW and etc? A rough estimation will do.

How about the public transport from winston hills? I believe there's no direct bus to the CBD and there' s need to transit into some trains or etc?

Anyone can shed some ideas or suggestions?

Cheers,
LS
Old Sep 10th 2005, 2:10 pm
Sydney- North Shore

jjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant future
Default Re: How far is winston hills to Sydney CBD?

Originally Posted by lonelysin
Hi

Anyone here knows how far is winston hills to Sydney CBD? E.g. Opera House, Harbour bridge, Manly, UNSW and etc? A rough estimation will do.

How about the public transport from winston hills? I believe there's no direct bus to the CBD and there' s need to transit into some trains or etc?

Anyone can shed some ideas or suggestions?

Cheers,
LS
look at www.131500.com.au for clues on transport...
Old Sep 10th 2005, 10:42 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Also try using www.whereis.com.au
Put in where you're starting and finishing and it comes up with the route and approx travel time by car.
Julie
Old Sep 10th 2005, 10:47 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, seeing as I'm in a helpful mood, thought I'd do it for you

Winston Hills to Sydney CBD is 30.31kms and takes 38 minutes (precisely )

Wouldn't take this a gospel though. It probably doesn't take traffic jams into consideration

Julie
Old Sep 10th 2005, 10:56 pm
kelly Slater...mmmmmm

Carkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really nice

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
Actually, seeing as I'm in a helpful mood, thought I'd do it for you

Winston Hills to Sydney CBD is 30.31kms and takes 38 minutes (precisely )

Wouldn't take this a gospel though. It probably doesn't take traffic jams into consideration

Julie
lolol...it should say 38mins in the middle of the night when there is no other traffic on the road and every single lights is in your favour..used to take us about half hour from the north shore just to get to Epping on a goodish day
Old Sep 10th 2005, 11:04 pm
kelly Slater...mmmmmm

Carkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really nice
Smile Re: How far is winston hills to Sydney CBD?

Originally Posted by jjonboy
look at www.131500.com.au for clues on transport...
In my boredom..and to be honest, i was being nosy..the quickest time from there by public transport is 1.24hrs! What a nightmare!
Old Sep 11th 2005, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

lonelysin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Carkedit
In my boredom..and to be honest, i was being nosy..the quickest time from there by public transport is 1.24hrs! What a nightmare!

Hi all. THanks for all the feedback and suggestion.
Carkedit, can you kindly specifically tell me which route to take or what type of transport to board? I believe there's no direct bus to the CBD. Somehow and somewhere I need to get down and board a train.

Can you provide me those details? Thanks.

LS
Old Sep 11th 2005, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

Carkedit, can you kindly specifically tell me which route to take or what type of transport to board? I believe there's no direct bus to the CBD. Somehow and somewhere I need to get down and board a train.

LS
Winston Hills is less than 30km from the CBD of Sydney. You have 3 options to choose from, discounting driving in. Bus/drive to Parramatta and catch a train, drive to Seven Hills and catch a train or catch a bus on the M2 which takes you right in to Circular Quay.
I usually use drive/train from Seven Hills and that takes about 40 minutes, bus on M2 about the same and Bus/train from Parra about an hour. Driving depends on the traffic - with a good run it doesn't take very long at all.
Please don't anyone mock this information - I have lived in Winston Hills for 35 years!
Old Sep 11th 2005, 1:10 pm
kelly Slater...mmmmmm

LS

I just looked on www.131500.com.au (from previous post from jjonboy) if you put in winston hills for the suburb and put in where you want to go..manly, north sydney etc..it will give you a complete run down on what bus, what train, how far you need to walk etc..if you have the streets you can put that in too..good luck!