Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How far is Geelong from the airport?

How far is Geelong from the airport?

Old Apr 20th 2006, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default How far is Geelong from the airport?

My DH could very possibly have a job offer, in Geelong, but we are going with STNI visa to SA, he's thinking of travelling on weekly basis, but of course if it's long way away from the airport, it might be better if we just validate our visa, in SA.
Go and live around Geelong, until he's contract is finish, or on the other hand if the driving distance is not so far way from the airport maybe he can do it that way, & I live in Adelaide with the children, can anybody advice me what sort of distance are we talking here.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

paka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant future
Default Re: How far is Geelong from the airport?

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
My DH could very possibly have a job offer, in Geelong, but we are going with STNI visa to SA, he's thinking of travelling on weekly basis, but of course if it's long way away from the airport, it might be better if we just validate our visa, in SA.
Go and live around Geelong, until he's contract is finish, or on the other hand if the driving distance is not so far way from the airport maybe he can do it that way, & I live in Adelaide with the children, can anybody advice me what sort of distance are we talking here.
Geelong is in Victoria,is the company from SA
Old Apr 20th 2006, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

paka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant future

Which airport?,Avion airport or Melbourne.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 5:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't one of the conditions of this visa that you have to "Live and work" in your sponsoring state for two years, unless you can prove that you have tried unsuccessfully to find a job.

I would really get professional advice before taking a job from a different state, as it could result in your visa being cancelled.

I may have it wrong, but that is what I was told when we were supposed to apply for the STNI Visa.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paka
Geelong is in Victoria,is the company from SA
The company is international, one of their site is in Geelong in victoria, but our visa is for SA, I know its a bit confusing.
I really need to know the distance from Melbourne airport to Geelong.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

The company is international, one of their site is in Geelong in victoria, but our visa is for SA, I know its a bit confusing.
I really need to know the distance from Melbourne airport to Geelong.
Melbourne Airport is about 1 hr. If your are on an STNI for SA the main applicant has to work for a company based in SA .and the main residence has to be in SA.for 2yrs. The company that employed you can then send you to work away,but the company address has to be in SA.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by WendyC
Isn't one of the conditions of this visa that you have to "Live and work" in your sponsoring state for two years, unless you can prove that you have tried unsuccessfully to find a job.

I would really get professional advice before taking a job from a different state, as it could result in your visa being cancelled.

I may have it wrong, but that is what I was told when we were supposed to apply for the STNI Visa.
You are totally right wendy, hubby has been in touch with state of Victoria, and they said they can change he's visa for victoria.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 5:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

You are totally right wendy, hubby has been in touch with state of Victoria, and they said they can change he's visa for victoria.

Well that's good news then.

So why are you wanting to live in South Australia Why not all move to Victoria

(sorry I'm a nosy bag aren't I)
Old Apr 20th 2006, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Melbourne Airport is about 1 hr. If your are on an STNI for SA the main applicant has to work for a company based in SA .and the main residence has to be in SA.for 2yrs. The company that employed you can then send you to work away,but the company address has to be in SA.
Thanks for that, It's my mistake, DH, been in touch with State of Victoria and they said its no problem they can change state, but I really wanted to go to Adelaide.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

I would be very careful, Get it in writing first,before you surrender your STNI from SA,as you can not have two STNI,s at the same time.so you will have to surrender your SA one first.you will have to go through the whole visa application again with the state of Victoria.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by WendyC
Well that's good news then.

So why are you wanting to live in South Australia Why not all move to Victoria

(sorry I'm a nosy bag aren't I)
Not all, you are not being Nosey, we just liked the idea of being away from rat race, and SA really offered that laid back life style we have been looking for.
He only wanted to take short contract with them, and live in SA, travel there maybe for 6 months.
Back to the drawing board again.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

I would be very careful, Get it in writing first,before you surrender your STNI from SA,as you can not have two STNI,s at the same time.so you will have to surrender your SA one first.you will have to go through the whole visa application again with the state of Victoria.
No we wont have two STNI visa, just the one, I'm thinking over here in UK when they want the hubby to go and work somewhere, they send him to different agencieswho works with the company, from the agencies he go to work in different countries, I'm wondering if the agencies in SA, they would take him and then he can go and work in Victoria for the contract, he's still be Working for a SA state just working away.
I think I confused everybody, sorry. I know how it works here.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 6:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Not all, you are not being Nosey, we just liked the idea of being away from rat race, and SA really offered that laid back life style we have been looking for.
He only wanted to take short contract with them, and live in SA, travel there maybe for 6 months.
Back to the drawing board again.

I know what you mean. It is one of the reasons i wanted to go there.

I'm sure that a suitable job will come up in SA, then it will be problem solved
Old Apr 20th 2006, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

No we wont have two STNI visa, just the one, I'm thinking over here in UK when they want the hubby to go and work somewhere, they send him to different agencieswho works with the company, from the agencies he go to work in different countries, I'm wondering if the agencies in SA, they would take him and then he can go and work in Victoria for the contract, he's still be Working for a SA state just working away.
I think I confused everybody, sorry. I know how it works here.
Wot trade is he in ? . As most trades are in demand so they have the pick of jobs.My Hubby is a spark and he went to a few company's last week just to see . they all said they could offer him a job once he had the licences etc.so i would not rush in to anything.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wot trade is he in ? . As most trades are in demand so they have the pick of jobs.My Hubby is a spark and he went to a few company's last week just to see . they all said they could offer him a job once he had the licences etc.so i would not rush in to anything.
He is CAE/CAD engineer,