Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How far from Freemantle to Secret Harbour?

How far from Freemantle to Secret Harbour?

Old Apr 23rd 2007, 12:11 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default How far from Freemantle to Secret Harbour?

Anyone know? I put it into a distance calculator and it reckons it will be 27 miles!
This will be my daily commute to work probably working early late and night shifts...i wont have a car for a while so I am hoping my calculator is duff!
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

clanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to all
Default Re: How far from Freemantle to Secret Harbour?

I would say it is a good 30mins drive.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 1:24 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzzieNurse
Anyone know? I put it into a distance calculator and it reckons it will be 27 miles!
This will be my daily commute to work probably working early late and night shifts...i wont have a car for a while so I am hoping my calculator is duff!
40- 45 min drive
if you dont have a car you will have to get 2 buses, 1 into rockingham then one from there to freo
try www.transperth.com.au
will take over an hour on the bus- Ive just looked- will depend on time of day ofcourse

Last edited by yvsie; Apr 23rd 2007 at 1:27 pm. Reason: adding info
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 1:27 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yvsie
40- 45 min drive
if you dont have a car you will have to get 2 buses, 1 into rockingham then one from there to freo
try www.transperth.com.au
hmm could make it a little difficult getting the little one to nursery and getting to and from day care to work...
Will have to think things through and see if I can find something a little nearer..
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 1:30 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

hmm could make it a little difficult getting the little one to nursery and getting to and from day care to work...
Will have to think things through and see if I can find something a little nearer..
have you looked at working at rockingham and kwinana district hospital?(rkdh)- or peel hospital - although that could be difficult to get to by bus too- they both have a website just do a search.
rkdh is much nearer - along woodbridge drive if you have a map...although Im unsure about buses
try looking on whereis.com
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 1:55 pm
Here at last!

Originally Posted by yvsie
have you looked at working at rockingham and kwinana district hospital?(rkdh)- or peel hospital - although that could be difficult to get to by bus too- they both have a website just do a search.
rkdh is much nearer - along woodbridge drive if you have a map...although Im unsure about buses
try looking on whereis.com
Well when I applied for the post at Freo I thought I had applied for Rockingham as the website was deceptive. When they offered me the job they were fully aware I was going to be staying in Secret Harbour and they said it was only a 10-20 minute car journey so I agreed.
Since found out it was a slight fib!
I hate letting people down and Freo has a great reputation. I just think 27 miles each way is a little far with the fact I have to get my son sorted out really early for an early shift for example.....not even sure if there will be day care open as if I start at 07:00 would have to leave an hour for travel and so be up and out of the house at 06:00 at the latest. I am sure most places start at 8 or 9am
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 2:12 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

Well when I applied for the post at Freo I thought I had applied for Rockingham as the website was deceptive. When they offered me the job they were fully aware I was going to be staying in Secret Harbour and they said it was only a 10-20 minute car journey so I agreed.
Since found out it was a slight fib!
I hate letting people down and Freo has a great reputation. I just think 27 miles each way is a little far with the fact I have to get my son sorted out really early for an early shift for example.....not even sure if there will be day care open as if I start at 07:00 would have to leave an hour for travel and so be up and out of the house at 06:00 at the latest. I am sure most places start at 8 or 9am
apply direct to rockingham again or email them and tell them your dilema http://www.health.wa.gov.au/services...fm?Unit_ID=159

there is also a private hospital called coastal hospital
http://www.health.wa.gov.au/services...fm?Unit_ID=816

hope that helps
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 2:58 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

I hate letting people down and Freo has a great reputation.
My OH has just had a major facial operation at Freo and the care has been fantastic. Having said that, we're in Secret Harbour and I would say you have to allow AT LEAST 45 mins each way and that's with a car, direct.

It's a pig of a journey to be honest and I would seriously consider your options. Have you looked at the Peel campus in Mandurah? That's really easy to get to from here - we've tested that one out too

Good luck anyhow - I'm sure all the professionals will help you out with the job side of things and what's available where.

Jules x