Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how far from brissie airport the gold coast

how far from brissie airport the gold coast

Old Sep 27th 2006, 12:24 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default how far from brissie airport the gold coast

well how far is it ??

should i get a hire car from the airport
or a taxi to the gold coast and find a local hire car firm there?

thanks

steve
Old Sep 27th 2006, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of
Default Re: how far from brissie airport the gold coast

Originally Posted by steve`o
well how far is it ??

should i get a hire car from the airport
or a taxi to the gold coast and find a local hire car firm there?

thanks

steve
It's roughly an hour's drive to the Gold Coast. The usual big car hire firms are at the airport and there are minibuses with luggage trailers that will take you most places for not too much ... certainly to where the cheap rentawreck places in Surfers. There's a train to Oxenford, Helensvale, Nerang and Robina if you're heading to any of those places, but those stations are all a long walk from anywhere useful.

Cheers
Old Sep 27th 2006, 12:31 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CHnJ
It's roughly an hour's drive to the Gold Coast. The usual big car hire firms are at the airport and there are minibuses with luggage trailers that will take you most places for not too much ... certainly to where the cheap rentawreck places in Surfers. There's a train to Oxenford, Helensvale, Nerang and Robina if you're heading to any of those places, but those stations are all a long walk from anywhere useful.

Cheers
thanks

so about 80 to 90km ??
Old Sep 27th 2006, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

thanks

so about 80 to 90km ??
Yeah. Freeway all the way. Where are you going to? The Gold Cost is long and skinny so it can take half an hour or more to get from the North near Labrador to the South near Currumbin once you reach the Gold Coast.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 12:40 pm
Worongary

Yeah. Freeway all the way. Where are you going to? The Gold Cost is long and skinny so it can take half an hour or more to get from the North near Labrador to the South near Currumbin once you reach the Gold Coast.
this is where we want to get to

Biggera Waters QLD 4216

thanks steve
Old Sep 27th 2006, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

this is where we want to get to

Biggera Waters QLD 4216

thanks steve
It's at the North end, so you'll be able to get there within an hour fairly easily. If you got a train to Helensvale there are some cheap rental places a short taxi ride away. There are also a few rentawreck places near the water between Biggera Waters and Southport - look out for a Steakhouse called Chavs with a bunch of plastic cows outside, the cheap places are near there. Mid 90s cars with Letraset signs in the windsrcreens.

I've no idea what a taxi would cost for that run, but the minibuses I mentioned can take you to Biggera Waters.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 12:55 pm
Worongary

It's at the North end, so you'll be able to get there within an hour fairly easily. If you got a train to Helensvale there are some cheap rental places a short taxi ride away. There are also a few rentawreck places near the water between Biggera Waters and Southport - look out for a Steakhouse called Chavs with a bunch of plastic cows outside, the cheap places are near there. Mid 90s cars with Letraset signs in the windsrcreens.

I've no idea what a taxi would cost for that run, but the minibuses I mentioned can take you to Biggera Waters.
thanks for your help mate
i`ve tried the normal hire car companies but the cheeky sods want an extra 120 dollars for airport loading
Old Sep 27th 2006, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

i`ve tried the normal hire car companies but the cheeky sods want an extra 120 dollars for airport loading
If you're bringing your family and have no-one to pick you up then it's probably worth paying the airport loading. If you're on your own then you might save $50 or so - £20. If it was me after a long flight I know what I'd do : )

Good Luck , and welcome in advance!
Old Sep 27th 2006, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

A lot of that $120 are charges passed on from the airport corporation for the rental companies to park their vehicles there.

WW
Old Sep 27th 2006, 1:30 pm
Worongary

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
A lot of that $120 are charges passed on from the airport corporation for the rental companies to park their vehicles there.

WW
ok i`ll stop been tight and pay up

thanks for your time guys
Old Sep 27th 2006, 1:30 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Steve, we got in touch with a guy who used to post on here who has his own business doing airport runs etc. He was really good and reasonable. Only problem is, at this moment my mind has gone a complete blank on his name I will think some more in the morning.

Once we were at our apartment, we rang East Coast Rentals about renting a car and they came and collected us and took us to the office to sort one out - no charge. Am sure others would do the same. We were so pleased with the service we bought the car
Old Sep 27th 2006, 1:36 pm
Worongary

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Steve, we got in touch with a guy who used to post on here who has his own business doing airport runs etc. He was really good and reasonable. Only problem is, at this moment my mind has gone a complete blank on his name I will think some more in the morning.

Once we were at our apartment, we rang East Coast Rentals about renting a car and they came and collected us and took us to the office to sort one out - no charge. Am sure others would do the same. We were so pleased with the service we bought the car
if you remember can you PM me the details

regards steve
Old Sep 27th 2006, 1:40 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

if you remember can you PM me the details

regards steve
It's currently sending me completely round the bend Not going to get any sleep until I remember it