Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how dog friendly and where??

how dog friendly and where??

Old Jul 11th 2006, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

chucky77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how dog friendly and where??

We are just starting out thinking about moving to Australia, apart from work and a nice place for kids to live i want to know how dog friendly is it down there, i have heard that new Zealand isn't all that good if you have dogs, i love my baby's and will not leave them behind, but being spaniels they need to run (walking on lead all time would prob drive them barmy) not to say how long my arms would get as i said we are just starting out, my hubbie is a sparkie who went back to uni and is in his final year on a masters degree so we have a lot of finding out to do first, just trying to narrow down our options a bit as it is a big world out there.any advice warmly received
Old Jul 11th 2006, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

lee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nice
Default Re: how dog friendly and where??

Hi

I think its compulsory for every other house to have a dog here, they just love dogs. Maybe there is so many because it is a bit hard to resist the puppies that sit in the windows of the pet shops. If you see a big crowd outside a shop you just know you are coming up to a pet shop.

The only thing about bring a dog with you, is you might find it hard to get a rental. We have 2 cats, and we were lucky to get a nice rental that takes animals. They said no to a dog, which is hard as we promised the boys they could have a dog if we moved to Australia( you know one of those carrots, pool, dog, beach). Anyway we will get one when the build is finished.

Going back to the pet shops, you are a bit horrified that they put them in shop windows, you do get use to it, and you can see they are well looked after. My boys hate shopping, so again its a great carrot, I say " you can look at the dogs", they haven't worked out yet that its 5 -10 mins in the pet shop and 2 hours looking for their shoes.

Jane