Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How does the saying go.......

Wikiposts

How does the saying go.......

Old Jul 30th 2006, 3:42 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough
Default How does the saying go.......

You wait months to see a Kangaroo/Wallaby and 20 turn up at the same time!

I saw my first roo the other week whilst out and about cycling (he was a big bugger) Yesterday we took the kids to the Lagoon at Redcliffe and on the way back just driving past the local Bunnings store, in the adjacent field were a mixture of Kangaroos and Wallabies. Now researching on the net a Wallaby is a small Kangaroo so as they were of varying sizes I'm assuming my terminology is correct.

Thing is, the field is right next to a major road. The field does lead into a large forest area.

Rich
Attached Thumbnails How does the saying go.......-1.jpg   How does the saying go.......-2.jpg  
Old Jul 30th 2006, 3:50 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How does the saying go.......

Ahhh, they just gorgeous Rich. One of my favourite creatures.
Met a wombat the other evening which made some noise as it wandered through the bush and right out in front of me. The dog was completely freaked!
Old Jul 30th 2006, 3:59 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rossifumi

Thing is, the field is right next to a major road. The field does lead into a large forest area.

Rich

Wacol Prison is a good spot for wild roos
Old Jul 30th 2006, 4:13 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

The side of any road around Mount Gambier is a good place if you want to come roo spotting.

2 points per dead one, 50 points for a live one!

Yep.... most of the ones you see around here are roadkill!

(and i hit another wombat a few weeks ago - makes me far sadder than hitting a roo).
Old Jul 30th 2006, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

I saw my first roo the other week whilst out and about cycling (he was a big bugger) Yesterday we took the kids to the Lagoon at Redcliffe and on the way back just driving past the local Bunnings store, in the adjacent field were a mixture of Kangaroos and Wallabies. Now researching on the net a Wallaby is a small Kangaroo so as they were of varying sizes I'm assuming my terminology is correct.

Rich
Great aren't they?????

How long you been in Oz for now??
Old Jul 30th 2006, 5:32 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sasbear
Great aren't they?????

How long you been in Oz for now??
Just over 4 months mate and it's flown by!
Old Jul 30th 2006, 5:59 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PeteY
The side of any road around Mount Gambier is a good place if you want to come roo spotting.

2 points per dead one, 50 points for a live one!

Yep.... most of the ones you see around here are roadkill!

(and i hit another wombat a few weeks ago - makes me far sadder than hitting a roo).
I was told that hitting a wombat caused far more damage than hitting a roo - something about the underside of the car Didn't get the details - didn't think I needed them
Old Jul 30th 2006, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

katcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud of

Rich
Ahh i love Roos!! Had right fun feeding them all at Australia Zoo Not seen any on me travels tho yet!!
Old Jul 30th 2006, 10:44 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Rich
Hi Rich,
We saw a couple of emu's when we were driving on the back road to Childer's on Sunday. Nearly crashed the car as it was such a shock to see them, usually just a few roos or road kill. There was a wild pig/boar (not sure of the difference) a few weeks ago. Still waiting to see some koalas that are not in a zoo.
Regards
Sarah