Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how do you stop yourself looking at the visa update thingy ??

how do you stop yourself looking at the visa update thingy ??

Old Oct 19th 2008, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

covphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant future
Default Re: how do you stop yourself looking at the visa update thingy ??

And i thought i was the only one doing this, even though realistically i know it will be at least another 3 months before we get a CO, but check just in case there is a surprise for us i suppose its all part of the excitement and fun
Old Oct 19th 2008, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Looking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant future

The whole visa thing has sent my head crazy! I feel like im a drug addict or something! I just can not stop myself. I keep looking on the visa timeline thing as well - to see how quick others are getting theirs, even tho they have applied for a different type!

I seriously need locking up! - we all do!!

Imagine what it would be like if all BE's got locked up in one cell with only one computer - it'd be a blood bath!! - unless we formed an orderly british queue and took turns to check emails etc!
Old Oct 19th 2008, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

bu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by simon2cairns
Hello all, I am trying to control myself from looking at the online visa application update thingy when i know that the office will be closed as it is a weekend or in the evening!!! any advice?????? :curse:
got a link to this site?
Old Oct 20th 2008, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

mb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nice

Originally Posted by Looking forward to Oz
The whole visa thing has sent my head crazy! I feel like im a drug addict or something! I just can not stop myself. I keep looking on the visa timeline thing as well - to see how quick others are getting theirs, even tho they have applied for a different type!

I seriously need locking up! - we all do!!

Imagine what it would be like if all BE's got locked up in one cell with only one computer - it'd be a blood bath!! - unless we formed an orderly british queue and took turns to check emails etc!
that was good!!
It would be like having a alcoholic anonymous meetings with everyone introducing themselves as "I am Joseph, & I am a VISA ADDICT, I used to check my e-mails countless number of times a day, I could not go a day without checking the DIAC website, I could not live without thinking of life down under............
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

simon2cairns has a brilliant futuresimon2cairns has a brilliant futuresimon2cairns has a brilliant futuresimon2cairns has a brilliant futuresimon2cairns has a brilliant futuresimon2cairns has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mb_jg
that was good!!
It would be like having a alcoholic anonymous meetings with everyone introducing themselves as "I am Joseph, & I am a VISA ADDICT, I used to check my e-mails countless number of times a day, I could not go a day without checking the DIAC website, I could not live without thinking of life down under............
Hello I am now smug visa owner...... but its a temp one so will have to live the dream again!!!!!
Old Oct 24th 2008, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

VanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to all

Hello all, I am trying to control myself from looking at the online visa application update thingy when i know that the office will be closed as it is a weekend or in the evening!!! any advice?????? :curse:
You don't it is addictive, i use to check everyday till i got mine but that was 19 mths ago now and still loveing it
Old Oct 24th 2008, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

Aberboy is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't have my visa application number. it's being done through an agent, so nothing to check. But i'm addicted to this website and am always looking for time lines!!! I guess it's worst, there are always some updates here, but almost nothing there
Old Oct 25th 2008, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

ShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really nice

I was also obsessed with it. However, once I recevied my visa, I checked it again out of curiosity and it still hadn't been updated. It was the same a week later. Therefore, don't stress too much about it. You'll probably hear through your agent first. Good luck.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 6:19 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Get your visa. Bet you won't look after that.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

calNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to all

Hello I am now smug visa owner...... but its a temp one so will have to live the dream again!!!!!
good luck on your move Gary