Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How do you spell.......

How do you spell.......

Old Jul 24th 2004, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default How do you spell.......

digary doo...didgerydoo. Oh Bloody hell.
How do you spell it?

Just typing up our shipping list and cant spell it!!!!

Today I am in a `Am going mood`
Yesterday I wasnt going anywhere.
Hated Mick. Called him every name under the sun as I felt he wasnt supporting me emotionally. Rude bugger said `all woman do is cry`

That was it. I cried again.
Dont hink men have any emotions. I have 1 week left at work. Sure I hate the job, but LOVE some of the people. We are `upside down` at home as we are moving into rental over the weekend. I KNOW I am going to miss my family, my dad is quite poorly. And this is the biggest move I have ever done. Think I have reasons to be a bit weepy.

Bloody Men. Is it just mine who is a w***ker, or any one else feel the same????
Old Jul 24th 2004, 12:24 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

DIDGERIDOO

And yes we can all be w***ers I guess
Old Jul 24th 2004, 12:24 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do you spell.......

Didgeridoo
Old Jul 24th 2004, 12:26 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by sj oldfield
digary doo...didgerydoo. Oh Bloody hell.
How do you spell it?

Just typing up our shipping list and cant spell it!!!!

Today I am in a `Am going mood`
Yesterday I wasnt going anywhere.
Hated Mick. Called him every name under the sun as I felt he wasnt supporting me emotionally. Rude bugger said `all woman do is cry`

That was it. I cried again.
Dont hink men have any emotions. I have 1 week left at work. Sure I hate the job, but LOVE some of the people. We are `upside down` at home as we are moving into rental over the weekend. I KNOW I am going to miss my family, my dad is quite poorly. And this is the biggest move I have ever done. Think I have reasons to be a bit weepy.

I just tired searching for it under three different spellings and all of them came up. Word, reckons its 'Didgeridoo' so who knows!!

Must be really tough for you if you feel you're not getting the support you need. But you can get it from here. Think men just have different ways of dealing with things a lot of the time - better from their perspective, worse from ours
Old Jul 24th 2004, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Thanks all.

I really do appreciate all the support that is available on this site......and to those that are new. `If you nedd anything at all, advice, support, even just someone to listen to you whilst you have a moan, then this is the place.

I shouldnt really grumble as Mick is quite good really. Bit of along story, but he has always raised my boys as if they were his. In fact most people think they are his.

Never been a violent man. Always reliable. Not a dosser, works really hard. Just a bit unemotional.
He always says its not right for a bloke to be upset??????

I know it is `the move` that is making me feel this way. Mind you just now he said something, I looked at him and asked him to repeat it. He said.....I will leave tht to you as you always do things so well. and he WASNT being sarcy.
Old Jul 24th 2004, 12:50 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

He said.....I will leave tht to you as you always do things so well. and he WASNT being sarcy.
That's what blokes do best - delegate
It's true in our house too though. I'm doing all the visa paperwork, etc but the missus will handle all the moving and stuff cos she's better organised than me.

Sounds like you were just having 'a moment', and everyone's entitled to one of those every once in a while
Old Jul 24th 2004, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

I can probably relate to this in some level.

I too leave a lot to ann-marie but if i am completely honest it's only because i would make an absolute balls of it.
She is a gem and i would be completely lost without her, tho i may not show it often enough.

Paul.

Ps. It's like " the blokes rules ", if we ask you what is wrong and you reply " nothing " then we will assume nothing is wrong.We know you are lying but it just isn't worth the hassle........
Old Jul 24th 2004, 1:19 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by wmoore
Sounds like you were just having 'a moment', and everyone's entitled to one of those every once in a while

INDEED! I had quite a few of those "moments" before the move. My other half is also of the 'seemingly emotionless' variety. It is nice to have someone who's together when you need it though.
If he had even once broken down and admitted fear or insecurity, I think I might have REALLY fallen apart.

Try to forgive him for his seeming insensitivity and appreciate all the wonderful qualities that made you love him in the first place!

This too, shall pass...

Siren
Old Jul 24th 2004, 1:31 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

See, this is where you folks coming on skilled visas etc win over us Pros Spouse types!
We may get out visas quicker, but we have to do all the work without the other half to either help or moan at!! I remember The Bloke saying "theres a lot to do isn't there" as he struggled to write his one page "love story", the night before I heaed back to the UK to do the rest of the application, the packing, the shipping, the goodbyes etc etc.
When I inally get here and collapse from exhaustion, he says "whats wrong, you seem a little stressed....."
Old Jul 24th 2004, 1:42 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
See, this is where you folks coming on skilled visas etc win over us Pros Spouse types!
We may get out visas quicker, but we have to do all the work without the other half to either help or moan at!! I remember The Bloke saying "theres a lot to do isn't there" as he struggled to write his one page "love story", the night before I heaed back to the UK to do the rest of the application, the packing, the shipping, the goodbyes etc etc.
When I inally get here and collapse from exhaustion, he says "whats wrong, you seem a little stressed....."
I'm with you Pollyana!! I too, did the Pros spouse visa... the visa itself came pretty quick but the 2 and a half years leading to it... not so easy!
Did all the goodbyes and packing and sorting the kids etc, etc... alone as well.
He too struggled on his letter LOL
It went along the lines of...

"She's already written everything that happened from day one, I don't see why I need to write it too....... I love her. The end"

Oh how I love that man-o-mine!

Definately not easy doing it alone... BUT on the other hand... no one to butt in and say "Are you going to do it like THAT?" and "You can get WAY more in that suitcase if you crush all your favorite shoes." and then go "WHAAAAAT?" when you throw them evils.

Hahahahaha.
Old Jul 24th 2004, 2:42 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Dont think men have any emotions.
We all have more or less the same emotions (in varying proportions perhaps); the major difference is merely one of expression. Men are brought up to suppress their emotions, women seem to be brought up to over-express them. (Ducks to avoid flak!) Dunno why, that's just how it seems to be.

Oh and there are plenty of w***kers of both genders. Nobody's perfect ('cept me of course, cough).