Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How do you?..Medicine query.

How do you?..Medicine query.

Old Nov 30th 2004, 11:18 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Question How do you?..Medicine query.

Hi Guys,

We have a lot of medication to take with us (three of us are Asthmatic) so things like inhalers,spacer device,tablets,Son has medication which is a controlled drug & we know has to be declared.
Will Asthmatic medication need to be declared also?

Will i need to have letters stating what & who the medications are for with our hand luggage?

We would also like to take some over the counter medicines too,is there a limit to how much you can take?

Should all the medication & other medicines all be packed in a case on their own? except the stuff we need during flights etc...

Any advice would be most appreciated!

Donna.
Old Nov 30th 2004, 11:25 am
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice
Default Re: How do you?..Medicine query.

Originally Posted by madsad
Hi Guys,

We have a lot of medication to take with us (three of us are Asthmatic) so things like inhalers,spacer device,tablets,Son has medication which is a controlled drug & we know has to be declared.
Will Asthmatic medication need to be declared also?

Will i need to have letters stating what & who the medications are for with our hand luggage?

We would also like to take some over the counter medicines too,is there a limit to how much you can take?

Should all the medication & other medicines all be packed in a case on their own? except the stuff we need during flights etc...

Donna.

I would just pack all your otc medicines in seperate cases, dont think they will be checked and besides they are for your personal use...i crapped myself when i brought some tablets over thought i would get stopped and grilled on what i needed them for etc...they didnt bat an eyelid, so wouldnt worry..
Old Nov 30th 2004, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

sam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to behold

Donna.[/QUOTE]
On a recent visit from UK to Brissy we took inhalers and some very strong analgesia. Our bags were selected for a random search and nothing was mentioned about the medication.
Molly
Old Nov 30th 2004, 12:44 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The advice I was given was - if they are prescription medicine, make sure the labels are still on. If OTC medicines, just make sure they are in the original packets (so don't empty all the pills into one pot.) That way, anyone can clearly see what you have.
I brought loads of OTC stuff, to keep me going till I found equivalents here, including Beechams lemon drink, cough mixtures, anithistamine pills - some with me on the plane, the rest in the shipping. The stuff I shipped was listed on the inventory and they didn't look in that box at all.
Old Nov 30th 2004, 1:39 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Guys x thats a great help

Donna.
Old Nov 30th 2004, 1:45 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madsad
Thanks Guys x thats a great help

Donna.
Donna

It may be helpful to take a cover note for some medications depending on what they are. Your GP will give you a letter.

You also need to consider if you are stopping over as some regular drugs are illegal in some countries.

For instance Codiene is illegal in the US. I wonder how many know that?

You do not want any confiscated if you need them.

I may be a bit overcautious but worth checking

Best wishes

G
Old Nov 30th 2004, 1:48 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Completely OT, but just wanted to say - Grayling, I am departing to bed sniggering like mad at your latest avatar and slogan! Fantastic!!!
Old Nov 30th 2004, 1:51 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Completely OT, but just wanted to say - Grayling, I am departing to bed sniggering like mad at your latest avatar and slogan! Fantastic!!!
Polly
It's for Tonyk38's birthday

You can tell I'm a bit bored

G
Old Nov 30th 2004, 1:55 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Grayling
Polly
It's for Tonyk38's birthday

You can tell I'm a bit bored

G
Well, he is talking of Prospective Spouse Visas......maybe a Craggy Island priest could do the honours for him....!!!
Old Nov 30th 2004, 2:07 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Well, he is talking of Prospective Spouse Visas......maybe a Craggy Island priest could do the honours for him....!!!
A Craggy Island wedding eh?

Best get back OT I think.

Best wishes

G