Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How do you manage your impatience?

How do you manage your impatience?

Old Aug 22nd 2005, 12:02 pm
In The Sunshiiiiinnnnnne

Comer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant future
Default How do you manage your impatience?

Apologies for posting another gripe based on house selling but I think I’ve got the Monday blues.

2 months ago I accepted a full asking price offer on my house because the ‘buyers’ hadn’t got them selves a buyer yet. I accepted this and then a month later they sold their place to an unencumbered buyer. excellent I thought but then this buyer wasn’t unencumbered and has to sell a small flat and it’s not shifting.

Now I don’t know whether to put mine back on the market because knowing my luck the little flat will get a buyer quicker than I will find a new buyer. But it doesn’t help when my buyer hasn’t even requested a survey on my place yet!

I was so pleased 2 months ago with the offer that I was looking forward to enjoying my last UK summer before having an Aussie one. Now at this rate I’m not sure whether I will be there for Xmas and I will miss a friend’s wedding in Oct too.

I’m so impatient and it doesn’t help by reading books on Sydney, looking at my old photos from my backpacking days over there and checking the real estate sites for potential homes.

I had to sell my car recently because it was a soft top and they sell better during the Summer. I haven’t renewed my footy season ticket for this season and yet I’m starting to wonder whether I could still be here a year down the line and without the things that I got enjoyment from.

There are probably loads of impatient people itching to go and I wondered how you stay happy, I’m struggling to stay motivated at work and my head is definitely elsewhere :-(
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 12:07 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do you manage your impatience?

Originally Posted by Comer
Apologies for posting another gripe based on house selling but I think I’ve got the Monday blues.

2 months ago I accepted a full asking price offer on my house because the ‘buyers’ hadn’t got them selves a buyer yet. I accepted this and then a month later they sold their place to an unencumbered buyer. excellent I thought but then this buyer wasn’t unencumbered and has to sell a small flat and it’s not shifting.

Now I don’t know whether to put mine back on the market because knowing my luck the little flat will get a buyer quicker than I will find a new buyer. But it doesn’t help when my buyer hasn’t even requested a survey on my place yet!

I was so pleased 2 months ago with the offer that I was looking forward to enjoying my last UK summer before having an Aussie one. Now at this rate I’m not sure whether I will be there for Xmas and I will miss a friend’s wedding in Oct too.

I’m so impatient and it doesn’t help by reading books on Sydney, looking at my old photos from my backpacking days over there and checking the real estate sites for potential homes.

I had to sell my car recently because it was a soft top and they sell better during the Summer. I haven’t renewed my footy season ticket for this season and yet I’m starting to wonder whether I could still be here a year down the line and without the things that I got enjoyment from.

There are probably loads of impatient people itching to go and I wondered how you stay happy, I’m struggling to stay motivated at work and my head is definitely elsewhere :-(

Get another Buyer, then suggest a contract race to your Solicitor