Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how do you front load without knowing your file number?

how do you front load without knowing your file number?

Old May 24th 2005, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

noregrets will become famous soon enough
Default how do you front load without knowing your file number?

hello all

Just booked meds at Manchester and want to front load with my application which is lodged in London. However the doctors said that they have to send the meds via courier to London withing 8 days of my appointment.

So how do I ensure that they tie up with my application without a file number ?

george
Old May 24th 2005, 11:18 am
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: how do you front load without knowing your file number?

Originally Posted by noregrets
hello all

Just booked meds at Manchester and want to front load with my application which is lodged in London. However the doctors said that they have to send the meds via courier to London withing 8 days of my appointment.

george
You can just forward it without your file number and 'hope for the best'. It should still match up based on passport number. However, I would have thought it would be safer to wait until you had a file number. The GP who did our medicals held on to them for well over a month until our file number came through. Why does the Dr have to send within 8 days?? It can take a few days for your blood results to come back.

Carolyn
Old May 24th 2005, 11:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noregrets
hello all

george
They will tie up don't worry. London deal with "relatively" few. If you wait until a week after your meds and then send off, they will get there the same time as the meds from the doctor. Don't panic. Don't know about the 8 day rule but from my experience the bloods come back in a week and the doctor obviously sends off immediately to get rid of them so in effect it would be 8 days.
Old May 24th 2005, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

noregrets will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by NAC
You can just forward it without your file number and 'hope for the best'. It should still match up based on passport number. However, I would have thought it would be safer to wait until you had a file number. The GP who did our medicals held on to them for well over a month until our file number came through. Why does the Dr have to send within 8 days?? It can take a few days for your blood results to come back.

Carolyn

The Dr doesn't have to send within 8 days that is just when they are sent affter initial appointment, according to the receptionist I spoke to, sorry I didnt make that very clear.

I was just trying to get an approximate time scale so that the meds did not arrive in London before the application.

George

Last edited by noregrets; May 24th 2005 at 11:39 am.