British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   How do you do the Tim Tam Slam (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/how-do-you-do-tim-tam-slam-306454/)

lee/jane Jun 2nd 2005 1:14 pm

How do you do the Tim Tam Slam

Hi

Can anyone tell me how to do the tim tam slam. You now can buy the biscuits in Tescos, so I would like to get everyone to do it at my leaving do. Help please :D

Jane :D

KatieStar Jun 2nd 2005 1:26 pm

Re: How do you do the Tim Tam Slam

I wonder is that the thing where you bite both ends off and suck a hot drink through the tim tam. I think coffee would be nice, or hot choccie through it, then, daintily of course lol, stick the biccie in your mouth and eat it. I have done it with tea, and it is yummy. Not something to do in polite company though, as it can get messy if the biccie is not eaten in time, or you suck too much hot drink through it.

Have fun.
Katie

jaswebpics Jun 2nd 2005 1:52 pm

Bite opposing corners off and slurp up your poison of choice! Baileys is highly recommended, Kahlua, or warm port if you're out camping!! You have to be quick though, it gets slushy really quickly!!! Can you get all the Tim Tam flavours there? There's milk, dark, double coated, black forest, caramel, Kahlua even chilli flavoured now!

Merlot Jun 2nd 2005 4:05 pm

Bought some last week on the BOGOF at Tesco's, took em to work the POMs just love the sucking through them with tea & coffee - can get messy!

M :D

Keebs Jun 2nd 2005 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by Merlot
Bought some last week on the BOGOF at Tesco's, took em to work the POMs just love the sucking through them with tea & coffee - can get messy!

M :D

Yeah, i learnt that in Oz recently, then I was told it's the Tim Tam Chocolate ORGASM !!! ;)

Lovely :D

neil&momo Jun 2nd 2005 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by lee/jane
Hi

Can anyone tell me how to do the tim tam slam. You now can buy the biscuits in Tescos, so I would like to get everyone to do it at my leaving do. Help please :D

Jane :D

Hi, It was called the Tim Tam Explosion when we where in Oz but I think the slam is with alcohol!! It's yummy!! Can get very messy!! It's like the others say bite opposite corners off the tim tam then suck up your favourite drink. Hot drink is best! Quickly shove the tim tam in your mouth and feel the explosion. We liked it with carmel best!! couldn't get those in our Tesco!! Natalie Imbruglia did it on Parkinson or was it Graham Norton a while back!!! :confused:
Can do it with any chocolate sandwich biscuit if your desperate and can't get any tim tam's!! Sad I Know!!!!!!
Have a great leaving bash.
Marie :beer:

SuperSeagulls Jun 3rd 2005 7:09 am

Originally Posted by neil&momo
Hi, It was called the Tim Tam Explosion when we where in Oz but I think the slam is with alcohol!! It's yummy!! Can get very messy!! It's like the others say bite opposite corners off the tim tam then suck up your favourite drink. Hot drink is best! Quickly shove the tim tam in your mouth and feel the explosion. We liked it with carmel best!! couldn't get those in our Tesco!! Natalie Imbruglia did it on Parkinson or was it Graham Norton a while back!!! :confused:
Can do it with any chocolate sandwich biscuit if your desperate and can't get any tim tam's!! Sad I Know!!!!!!
Have a great leaving bash.
Marie :beer:

It's superb!!!!! My jaw hit the ground when i saw them on sale in Tesco's - I never thought they would make it over here.

SS