Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How do you cope with the waiting?

How do you cope with the waiting?

Old Jul 16th 2007, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

scotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to all
Default How do you cope with the waiting?

We've only just started the process, and our agents are in the process of filling in the forms for VETASSESS. I'm already annoyed by how slow things are, and realistically, we're looking at another year before we're going to be booking one way flights! I'm going nuts already! Its been about 2 months since we decided to go for it, and really, I want to be there now. I already feel like our lives are on hold almost - not buying any new householdy stuff etc. Can't wait to hand in notice at work. How do you cope? Am I just going to go bonkers?
Old Jul 16th 2007, 10:46 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do you cope with the waiting?

Originally Posted by scotlandtooz
Am I just going to go bonkers?
Yes.

On the bright side look at it this way, for many of us who moved here a few years ago, the visa processing time was 1.5-2 years Now that tested my patience!
Old Jul 17th 2007, 2:14 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

e've only just started the process, and our agents are in the process of filling in the forms for VETASSESS.

Here lies the problem. If you done it yourself then it MAY have been quicker. I'd never use an agent when i can do things myself. But thats just me. Take it easy and try not to think about it too much. It will be there before you know it.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 2:16 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Yes.

On the bright side look at it this way, for many of us who moved here a few years ago, the visa processing time was 1.5-2 years Now that tested my patience!
Really? It only took a year for me. I wasnt even in the Uk for all of that. I had my meds done in Bangkok cause thats where i was. So if i was in the UK it would have been quicker.