Reload this Page >

How do we get there?

How do we get there?

Old Feb 2nd 2007, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

paul18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How do we get there?

Hi all

Have been watching Wanted Down Under and it has got my family and I thinking about going out there to live.
What are the costs?,where do we start?

I am a joiner and my wife is a bookkeeper so I think we should have no problems getting work, I am 40 and my wife is 36.

We live in benfleet, Essex and are getting tired of the rat race.

If any one has any tips and advise I would be greatfull

Thankyou

Paul Sampson
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Coppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How do we get there?

Hi Paul. I'm still kinda new to the site, but been wanting to move to Aus for just over 3 years. The best way to start is to look at what visa's are available, and which one suits you. If you're looking for a permanent move then you will probably want a skiilled workers visa.

There's a lot of sites with info about the visa's and some will give you a free test to see if you get enough points. You currently need 120 points. I think some states do sponsorship which i think gives you an extra 10 points, but I don't know how you go about that.

Here's the aussie immigration website;
http://www.immi.gov.uk

Here's a good site where you can search for your job and it will give you some useful info;
http://www.acacia-au.com/occupation-search.php

and here's a good visa assessment website (although may be a bit outdated gives you a good idea of how many points you're likely to get)
http://www.how2immigrate.net/austral...sment-form.htm

Hope this helps
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 1:49 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

And I hate to point this out, but different country, same rat race.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

Turn right at Singapore!
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 3:28 pm
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
But better lifestyle, better weather.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 4:00 pm
Account Closed

sassycat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Same sh1t - shinier bucket
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 4:53 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

Paul18,

I think you should get the 120 points required for a 136 visa?:

Age - 15
Occupation - 60
MODL - 15
English (?) - 20
3yrs work experience (?) - 10

Read this: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...migration/136/