Reload this Page >

How do people cope...?

How do people cope...?

Old Feb 18th 2005, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

Pjay79 will become famous soon enoughPjay79 will become famous soon enough
Unhappy How do people cope...?

Hi All,

I know I am not alone out there with people having trouble selling houses etc but I have just be phoned by estate agent to be told that the offer on our house had been withdrawn, the bloke did not give them an explanation which kind of makes it worse and now he has wasted a whole 2 weeks that I could of been having serious people through.

I am so upset and so mad and I don't know how people cope....especially when it happens over and over.

We are running out of time to go as I am 27 weeks pregnant and partner has to validate by 14th May. Wouldn't be so bad except he has no job after next week and the house is paying for our move, AAARRGGHH. :scared: At least a kind family member has said they will buy us tickets.

Sorry to whinge but am so upset by this as never sold a house before, let alone under these circumstances.

Paula
Old Feb 18th 2005, 3:11 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do people cope...?

Originally Posted by Pjay79
Hi All,

I know I am not alone out there with people having trouble selling houses etc but I have just be phoned by estate agent to be told that the offer on our house had been withdrawn, the bloke did not give them an explanation which kind of makes it worse and now he has wasted a whole 2 weeks that I could of been having serious people through.

I am so upset and so mad and I don't know how people cope....especially when it happens over and over.

We are running out of time to go as I am 27 weeks pregnant and partner has to validate by 14th May. Wouldn't be so bad except he has no job after next week and the house is paying for our move, AAARRGGHH. :scared: At least a kind family member has said they will buy us tickets.

Sorry to whinge but am so upset by this as never sold a house before, let alone under these circumstances.

Paula
Chin up!

I know - it's a horrid business this selling houses lark but what with your hormones you are probably suffering double the amount of anyone else. Sending some karma to see if it helps!

Hope it all works out for you soon. (I'm sure I've said that to you before and not long ago!)

Binbird

(2 minutes later! As I thought - can't give you any karma at the mo but the thought was there!!)
Old Feb 18th 2005, 3:21 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Paula

Sorry to hear your demoralising news As Binbird said tho....your hormones aren't helping either.....things get to you more when you're preggers.

Get back on to that agent and tell him you want the house advertised again full on....do they advertise in the local paper? If so, say you want it in again asap. You want all your details sent out again...and in a few days phone him up again to ask if there's ben any interest or feedback about your house. NAG NAG and NAG some more.... Careful of your blood pressure tho!!!

Karma on its way!

Petra

....sorry....gotta spread... have an IOU!!!
Old Feb 18th 2005, 3:28 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by artep
Hi Paula

Sorry to hear your demoralising news As Binbird said tho....your hormones aren't helping either.....things get to you more when you're preggers.

Get back on to that agent and tell him you want the house advertised again full on....do they advertise in the local paper? If so, say you want it in again asap. You want all your details sent out again...and in a few days phone him up again to ask if there's ben any interest or feedback about your house. NAG NAG and NAG some more.... Careful of your blood pressure tho!!!

Karma on its way!

Petra

Karma goes a long way to help us all cope with the pressures of moving on with our lives (if only it were true!) - can we start a karma exchange on this thread for all house sellers?

A karma exchange would prepare us all for the excitement of a house contract exchange! (Ever hopeful!)

Binbird

Last edited by binbird; Feb 18th 2005 at 3:47 pm.
Old Feb 18th 2005, 3:28 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Hi Paula

Karma on its way!

Petra

Simple rule of house selling - trust no one!

Even when you get an offer on the house, don't let the estate agent stop marketing the property until you get to exchange. We made the mistake before xmas of accepting an offer and stopping all marketing on the house. The chain collapsed and we wasted about four weeks.

In the New Year we got another asking price offer from another couple and that resulted in the original couple coming back on board and really pushing their solicitor to get to exchange (in fear of losing the house).

If you continue to market your property it puts pressure on the buyer and seperates the timewasters from the serious buyers.

Good luck

Rob
Old Feb 18th 2005, 3:40 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Hi All,

Paula
Hi Paula,

So sorry to hear your buyer has pulled out!! It is such a nightmare selling houses and I should know, I've sold 4 in the past.

If I were you I would keep the house on the market until you get an exchange of contracts, that way you are not missing out on any potential buyers. I wish we had done that coz our chain might be falling apart and we agreed to take our house off the market in December. So we've missed out on 2 months of potential buyers.

We've decided that we are going in March whatever happens with the house sale coz fortunately we have some savings to take, but the thought of leaving the house in the hands of the solicitors/Estate agents is very worrying!!! :scared:

I hope you get a buyer again really soon and one that is genuine and will follow through with the sale quickly. You really don't need this hassle when you're pregnant!!!

Good luck!!!!

Shell
Old Feb 18th 2005, 3:51 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samnrob2
Simple rule of house selling - trust no one!

Even when you get an offer on the house, don't let the estate agent stop marketing the property until you get to exchange.
Thing is.....you can ask your agent to continue to market your house while its under offer...BUT do you really think he's gonna do that? NO...course he's not, he has a potential sale here, he may get his money soon without doing another thing for your house so in his eyes why bother??...that's his attitude...unfortunately
He'll tell you he's marketing just to fob you off.....he'll tell you there's been no interest recently...'the bottom/top end of the market's really slow...blah blah shite'
Old Feb 18th 2005, 4:00 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Thing is.....you can ask your agent to continue to market your house while its under offer...BUT do you really think he's gonna do that? NO...course he's not, he has a potential sale here, he may get his money soon without doing another thing for your house so in his eyes why bother??...that's his attitude...unfortunately
He'll tell you he's marketing just to fob you off.....he'll tell you there's been no interest recently...'the bottom/top end of the market's really slow...blah blah shite'
Hi there,

You're right that some Estate Agents will think this way, but ours have said that if my current chain falls through, then they are happy to continue marketing the house until an exchange of contracts, to avoid losing any buyers in the future.

Just wish I had done this when this buyer put their offer in!!!!!

Shell
Old Feb 18th 2005, 4:03 pm
....is FAB

Originally Posted by shecha
Hi there,

You're right that some Estate Agents will think this way, but ours have said that if my current chain falls through, then they are happy to continue marketing the house until an exchange of contracts, to avoid losing any buyers in the future.

Just wish I had done this when this buyer put their offer in!!!!!

Shell
Lets hope they do ...I'm crossing everything to make sure that doesn't happen for you tho

Petra
Old Feb 18th 2005, 4:08 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

mmmm. not a big fan of estate agents but not all are like this. Ours were the complete opposite. We accepted both offers and on both occasions our agent advised to continue marketing the property and have continued to do so. We had more people come round even though we had two offers on the table.

Can't praise my agents enough really. Still - it's swings and roundabouts I guess.

Rob
Old Feb 18th 2005, 4:12 pm
....is FAB

Originally Posted by samnrob2
mmmm. not a big fan of estate agents but not all are like this. Ours were the complete opposite. We accepted both offers and on both occasions our agent advised to continue marketing the property and have continued to do so. We had more people come round even though we had two offers on the table.

Can't praise my agents enough really. Still - it's swings and roundabouts I guess.

Rob
Well you must've found a good 'un amongst all the other weasels I've had the misfortune to deal with.
Old Feb 18th 2005, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Paula

Sorry to hear your situation, like others have said take it easy on yourself for your health and the baby.

We are only at the TRA stage, but we are selling a second property at the moment and having a horrendous time. Fortunately, we are not in your position (yet) but if we progress quickly we may find ourselves with two houses to sell!

If you only have sole agency, my advice is to have 2 agents and double your chances. I find it pushes the agent to get that sale so they don't lose the commission should the other agent beat them to a sale. You would have to check your contract if you currently have sole agency.

One other thought, if it looks like the sale is dragging on can you not get some equity out of the property by way of a re-mortgage? So long as you are not tied in to the new mortgage it is a good way to get some money out of the property rather than waiting for completion and getting into dire straits along the way. You would have to pay solicitors fees and a valuation fee like any new mortgage. A good financial advisor would be able to help, although it may depend on how much equity is in the house.

Just a couple of thoughts which have helped me out in the past!

One last thought, does anyone think it is tempting fate to put the house on the market shortly after applying for Visa. Is this tempting fate or is it worth trying get ahead of the game, the housing market is so uncertain at the moment, even if you get immediate interest, it seems positive visa applications come through sooner than a house sale would go through!

Have a good weekend everyone.

Nikki
Old Feb 18th 2005, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

Pjay79 will become famous soon enoughPjay79 will become famous soon enough

Thank You all for the support.

I might seriously consider looking into getting some equity out of the house to tide us over.

I hope you house sellers out there have more luck out there, and with hindsight I just wish we had put the house on the market as soon as other half was asked for medicals......still buts and what ifs don't help now though.

Does anyone know how a Power of Attorney would work to sell the house for me?

Thanks again
Paula
Old Feb 18th 2005, 5:25 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

Thank You all for the support.

I might seriously consider looking into getting some equity out of the house to tide us over.

I hope you house sellers out there have more luck out there, and with hindsight I just wish we had put the house on the market as soon as other half was asked for medicals......still buts and what ifs don't help now though.

Does anyone know how a Power of Attorney would work to sell the house for me?

Thanks again
Paula
Hi Paula,

We've asked our solicitors who have confirmed they can act as Power of Attorney for us if we leave before selling the house, or they have also suggested we could ask a relative to do this for us. So we will ask my hubby's dad to to it if we need to. All it means is that the power of attorney signs the contracts for us. The proceeds from the sale still go into our bank account.

Are you thinking of going to Oz before your house is sold coz you haven't got long now to be able to fly whilst pregnant??? Is it 30 or 32 weeks restriction now???

Shell
Old Feb 18th 2005, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

windsurfer uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Paula
Our hse sale is going through but dont trust know one and as we leave in 3 weeks have taken out a no ties repayment mortgage out and sold our endowments in case the sale falls through to finance the move and also got a consent to lease granted so we can also rent it if needed and have been in touch with a managment company who will handle it all for us. The no ties mortgage was just £200 pound fee which is not a lot for "peace of mind" . The endowments were doing nothing anyway .Hope we dont have to rent because of the tax implications .Was 100% honest with the mortgage company, even if we sell next month they have made £200.00 + £170.00 final payment but at least I can sleep at night, small price to pay!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.