Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How do I get rid of this annoying sheep!

How do I get rid of this annoying sheep!

Old Oct 20th 2003, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default How do I get rid of this annoying sheep!

Someone posted a link earlier on to get a really annoying sheep brawling across your screen. Stupidly I downloaded it. How do I get rid of it? It is driving me nuts!!!
Old Oct 20th 2003, 9:01 pm
WBB

Default Re: How do I get rid of this annoying sheep!

Originally posted by tinaj
Someone posted a link earlier on to get a really annoying sheep brawling across your screen. Stupidly I downloaded it. How do I get rid of it? It is driving me nuts!!!

lol

just go to add/remove programs and banish it forever.

or better still give me 5 minutes with it and it will never bother you again.

Old Oct 20th 2003, 9:02 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Download WBB to chase it, that should scare it away
Old Oct 20th 2003, 9:04 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by welshboybilly

or better still give me 5 minutes with it and it will never bother you again.
LOL GMTA
Old Oct 20th 2003, 9:17 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

OOPs sorry Tina that would have been me

WBB goaded me into it though !!!
Old Oct 20th 2003, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

[QUOTE]Originally posted by welshboybilly
lol

Problem is I can't find it in the programs !! what is it called 'annoying sheep' or something?
Old Oct 20th 2003, 9:32 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tinaj
lol

Problem is I can't find it in the programs !! what is it called 'annoying sheep' or something?
#

Tina,

Double click on said sheep. Click once on the 3 vertical lines on the bottom right of the dialogue box that pops up. Must be taiwanese for close i guess.

Delete the sheep you downloaded.

Let me know if that does'nt work !!

Pete.
Old Oct 21st 2003, 12:12 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by PeteY
#

Tina,

Double click on said sheep. Click once on the 3 vertical lines on the bottom right of the dialogue box that pops up. Must be taiwanese for close i guess.

Delete the sheep you downloaded.

Let me know if that does'nt work !!

Pete.

Hi Tina,
I just clicked furiously on the bloody things and swore at them, and then suddenly they were gone!!
I then deleted them permanently (and swore at them)

Sue
Old Oct 21st 2003, 12:16 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

No matter how much I trusted the poster I would never run an exe attached to a post. It may be a trojan horse or just something badly written that will make ones PC unstable,
Old Oct 21st 2003, 12:28 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
No matter how much I trusted the poster I would never run an exe attached to a post. It may be a trojan horse or just something badly written that will make ones PC unstable,

now that is interesting! last week I bought a virus checker and firewall thingy. when I ran the diagnostic check it said something about a trojan horse!!!! what on earth.....? I had a few probs after downloading the sheep thingy.....
guess I have been lucky.....

sue
Old Oct 21st 2003, 12:43 am

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
now that is interesting! last week I bought a virus checker and firewall thingy. when I ran the diagnostic check it said something about a trojan horse!!!! what on earth.....? I had a few probs after downloading the sheep thingy.....
guess I have been lucky.....

sue
A trojan horse is a program that pretends to be something you would want eg a screen saver or irritating sheep. It also lets your PC be controlled by a hacker.

However amusing dancing sheep might be the potential damage is not worth the giggle. You could become the source of a hack attempt and may get police hassle.
Old Oct 21st 2003, 5:25 am
WBB

A trojan horse is a program that pretends to be something you would want eg a screen saver or irritating sheep. It also lets your PC be controlled by a hacker.

However amusing dancing sheep might be the potential damage is not worth the giggle. You could become the source of a hack attempt and may get police hassle.

this is the worst case senario, i have scanned that sheep and can confirm it is virus free.

now where are my wellies.

Old Oct 21st 2003, 5:34 am

this is the worst case senario, i have scanned that sheep and can confirm it is virus free.

now where are my wellies.

Certainly is worst case scenario but you cannot guarantee it bug free. No offence but your guarantees do not mean anything. You might be a hacker in disguise. I doubt it but still a small possibility.
Old Oct 21st 2003, 5:43 am
WBB

Certainly is worst case scenario but you cannot guarantee it bug free. No offence but your guarantees do not mean anything. You might be a hacker in disguise. I doubt it but still a small possibility.

sorry i did not make myself clear in my last post.

i was not asking anyone to download the sheep on my say so, just that i have checked it and i am personally happy that there is no malicious code contained within.

Old Oct 21st 2003, 7:54 am

sorry i did not make myself clear in my last post.

i was not asking anyone to download the sheep on my say so, just that i have checked it and i am personally happy that there is no malicious code contained within.

I understand but I know people who have been burnt. I may be paranoid but I have never infected a production PC. I am also following best security practise. I only trust software reviewed by peers that I trust.

Something else to be aware of is new viruses are often undetectable because the AV software has not been written to detect the virus. This situation can last for several days.

At the end of the day it is your choice whether to follow best practise or not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.