Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How do i get my flight tickets???

How do i get my flight tickets???

Old Sep 19th 2006, 5:02 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute
Default How do i get my flight tickets???

If i was to ... say ... book flights on Thurs for Sunday the 30th (jsut specualtion at this point, dont get excited)

How would i receive my tickets?????? with only a week and 2 days would they be sent to me or would i collect them at the airport!

any offers!??????
Old Sep 19th 2006, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do i get my flight tickets???

Originally Posted by alan and sam
If i was to ... say ... book flights on Thurs for Sunday the 30th (jsut specualtion at this point, dont get excited)

How would i receive my tickets?????? with only a week and 2 days would they be sent to me or would i collect them at the airport!

any offers!??????

Think you may struggle to get a ticket at such short notice! But if you did manage it you'd have the choice of delivery or collection....I'd go for delivery as wouldn't be worrying about any clerical error when we get there and find no tickets :scared:
Old Sep 19th 2006, 5:12 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Think you may struggle to get a ticket at such short notice! But if you did manage it you'd have the choice of delivery or collection....I'd go for delivery as wouldn't be worrying about any clerical error when we get there and find no tickets :scared:

that''s what was worrying me!!! :scared:

Singapore still have some! Hopefully they will still be there Thurs

We've been told that the chain want to exchange tomorrow

SSSSHHHHHHHH though just in case we jinx it!!!!
Old Sep 19th 2006, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

wallabyWannabe has a brilliant futurewallabyWannabe has a brilliant futurewallabyWannabe has a brilliant futurewallabyWannabe has a brilliant futurewallabyWannabe has a brilliant futurewallabyWannabe has a brilliant future

that''s what was worrying me!!! :scared:

Singapore still have some! Hopefully they will still be there Thurs

We've been told that the chain want to exchange tomorrow

SSSSHHHHHHHH though just in case we jinx it!!!!
Singapore Airlines, if booked online, don't even issue a ticket, you just turn up to the check in with the credit card you payed the flight with and that is that! I have just booked a flight for October so this is first hand knowledge. They even say I did not need any print out of the information as it is all on their computer system so as long as you have the credit card no tickets are needed.
Hope this helps.
Old Sep 19th 2006, 5:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wallabyWannabe
Singapore Airlines, if booked online, don't even issue a ticket, you just turn up to the check in with the credit card you payed the flight with and that is that! I have just booked a flight for October so this is first hand knowledge. They even say I did not need any print out of the information as it is all on their computer system so as long as you have the credit card no tickets are needed.
Hope this helps.
We booked online with Dial-A-Flight and also didn't have tickets, it was all linked to the passport and credit cards etc.
Old Sep 19th 2006, 5:36 pm
Sam
here and staying

Originally Posted by wallabyWannabe
Hope this helps.

Phew!!!!

Thanks for that

Oh and i meant Sat 30th as Sun is the 1st Oct DOH!!!!!
Old Sep 19th 2006, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

Liz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud of

any offers!??????
I booked with Air New Zealand ,within 10 days of flying. I printed my tickets, from the email attachment they sent me!
Old Sep 19th 2006, 10:31 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

any offers!??????
A number of airlines (Emirates for sure) have 'E' tickets, which means there is nothing to recieve. It is all electronic and linked to your passport. You just turn up at 'check0in' and show your passport.

Neil.
Old Sep 19th 2006, 10:44 pm
Livin it large

Mctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant future

any offers!??????
Most tickets are now electronic. All they need is your passport. Only two countries I have ever had problems with, are Canada and the U.S. They insisted there were no such things as electronic tickets and wanted to see the printed receipt
Old Sep 20th 2006, 12:06 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

any offers!??????
It's all electronic tickets now. I think it's only the US that generally still issues tickets?
Old Sep 20th 2006, 2:36 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
It's all electronic tickets now. I think it's only the US that generally still issues tickets?
U.S. has been mostly electronic tickets for a long time.
Old Sep 20th 2006, 2:43 am
Just Joined

justgothere is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

We booked flights on Wednesday for a Saturday flight with Air New Zealand. Just had to take a confirmation e-mail to the desk for tickets.

Good Luck.
Old Sep 20th 2006, 8:31 am
CPW
BE Enthusiast

CPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond repute

any offers!??????
As noted above, you almost certainly won't need tickets in the traditional sense, whether you book on-line or over the telephone. If you do need tickets (e.g. because the airline wants to issue them), then they can generally be sent by courier, or you can pick them up from the travel agent/airline office; sometimes you can pick them up at the airport on the day of travel.

But most airlines now don't routinely issue paper tickets; some will do so if asked, but that may incur an additional cost (although usually not a great one).
Old Sep 20th 2006, 8:41 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
U.S. has been mostly electronic tickets for a long time.
I flew over on Singapore & it was an e-ticket.
My wife flew over on United via SF & it was a paper ticket.
Old Sep 20th 2006, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

tonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I flew over on Singapore & it was an e-ticket.
My wife flew over on United via SF & it was a paper ticket.
We booked with Cathay Pacific and they also issue e-tickets so it looks like you will be ok with getting your tickets at short notice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.