How do I?

Old Oct 6th 2005, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

BettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura about
Default How do I?

I have been searching for the answer to this for ages...I am in Oz and would like to know if I have to have my degree and other qualifications from Britain recognised to enable me to apply for jobs here.
My degree is a BA in Community Education from a Scottish University.

Cheers

BB
Old Oct 7th 2005, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

BettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura about
Question Re: How do I?

Originally Posted by BettyBoop
I have been searching for the answer to this for ages...I am in Oz and would like to know if I have to have my degree and other qualifications from Britain recognised to enable me to apply for jobs here.

Cheers

BB

bump

anybody???
Old Oct 7th 2005, 7:16 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How do I?

Originally Posted by BettyBoop

Cheers

BB
Yes, my husband had to get his Degree (Strathclyde Uni) sent to the Australian Computer Society to have it recognised. BUT that's because we emigrated on a Skilled Independent Visa.

If you are already here I imagine it would depend on the individual jobs you are applying for.

Incidentally, hubbies work colleague was removed from the premises of a very rep. Collins Street firm for exaggerating the truth on his CV so make sure you are 100% with dates etc. Lots of firms do check up.

Louise
Old Oct 7th 2005, 7:21 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do I?

No not to apply for jobs, a degree is a degree and its still recognised as a degree here too.....

good luck

laura
x
Old Oct 7th 2005, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: How do I?

Originally Posted by ljj
Yes, my husband had to get his Degree (Strathclyde Uni) sent to the Australian Computer Society to have it recognised. BUT that's because we emigrated on a Skilled Independent Visa.

If you are already here I imagine it would depend on the individual jobs you are applying for.

Incidentally, hubbies work colleague was removed from the premises of a very rep. Collins Street firm for exaggerating the truth on his CV so make sure you are 100% with dates etc. Lots of firms do check up.

Louise
cheers for that Louise