Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How did your pet get from Sydney to Brisbane?

How did your pet get from Sydney to Brisbane?

Old Jan 23rd 2006, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

AnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant future
Smile How did your pet get from Sydney to Brisbane?

Hi All

We are looking into shipping our cats and would like to know what company was used to collect the cats from AQIS and arrange to fly them to Brisbane.

We need to find a reliable company to act on our behalf in Australia to enable us to apply to AQIS for the import permit.

We would like to hear from anyone else who has arranged all the shipping themselves for any useful tips!

Many thanks for your help.

AnitaB
Old Jan 24th 2006, 3:41 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How did your pet get from Sydney to Brisbane?

Originally Posted by AnitaB
Hi All

We are looking into shipping our cats and would like to know what company was used to collect the cats from AQIS and arrange to fly them to Brisbane.

We need to find a reliable company to act on our behalf in Australia to enable us to apply to AQIS for the import permit.

We would like to hear from anyone else who has arranged all the shipping themselves for any useful tips!

AnitaB
Is it not possible for you to make a weekend of it and drive down for them - only 1000km each way - very do-able

Last edited by 232Bar; Jan 24th 2006 at 3:44 am.
Old Jan 24th 2006, 5:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute

We used a company in Sydney that arranged to collect our two cats from Sydney to Brisbane by air. They were excellent and were called 'Dogtainers', don't be put off by the name as they transport all animals not just dogs as the name may suggest. www.dogtainers.com.au.

The one above I have personal experience of and they were fantastic and very caring about our pets. I have a few other companies that we recommend to our clients when relocating, they are:

www.jetpets.com.au

www.skypet.com.au

Hope this helps you.
Old Jan 24th 2006, 5:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

On the back of a ute?
Old Jan 24th 2006, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

AnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant future
Cool Re: How did your pet get from Sydney to Brisbane?

Hi

The back of a ute is tempting!

Struggling to find an airline that I can book direct with to get the cats to Australia now!
Singapore Airlines only go as far as Singapore, BA will not deal with individuals.

I will try Qantas tomorrow and if they cannot help, I will give up and pay someone else to ship them!

Thanks for your help.

AnitaB
Old Jan 24th 2006, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

nomayaja has a spectacular aura aboutnomayaja has a spectacular aura aboutnomayaja has a spectacular aura about

Hi

The back of a ute is tempting!

Struggling to find an airline that I can book direct with to get the cats to Australia now!
Singapore Airlines only go as far as Singapore, BA will not deal with individuals.

I will try Qantas tomorrow and if they cannot help, I will give up and pay someone else to ship them!

Thanks for your help.

AnitaB
We're using Thai Airways to fly our cat over. Maybe you can try them.
Good luck. Marina
Old Jan 25th 2006, 7:30 am
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice

Hi All

AnitaB
We asked the quarantine place to arrange the transfer, Thomas flew Virgin Blue, Cannot remember what the cost was, but all was well. I think he got to go up to the cockpit as well!!
ViVi