Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How did you meet your Aussie partner?

How did you meet your Aussie partner?

Old Jul 24th 2004, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default How did you meet your Aussie partner?

There's quite a few people here going to Oz on spouse visas....Bundy, Pollyanna, MLBonner, Pants, OzTennis, The Dagboys, and many more. I'm just curious as to how you all met your Aussie partners?

I'm not personally married to an Aussie so can't contribute to this thread!! I was just chatting with an Aussie friend who married a Pom and it was a really interesting story as to how they met..and then managed a long-distance relationship until they could be together...awwww!

Old Jul 24th 2004, 6:44 pm
kong

Default Re: How did you meet your Aussie partner?

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
There's quite a few people here going to Oz on spouse visas....Bundy, Pollyanna, MLBonner, Pants, OzTennis, The Dagboys, and many more. I'm just curious as to how you all met your Aussie partners?

I'm not personally married to an Aussie so can't contribute to this thread!! I was just chatting with an Aussie friend who married a Pom and it was a really interesting story as to how they met..and then managed a long-distance relationship until they could be together...awwww!

I met my Aussie partner at a well known British music festival.

Old Jul 24th 2004, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

Lived 5 doors away, first saw her when i was 18 and she was 13, she was beautiful, still is.Of course, nothing happened until i saw her out one night whn she was 18 and we have been together since.
I am the aussie with a northern accent.

Paul.
Old Jul 24th 2004, 7:39 pm
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough

Back in September 2000 we were both travelling alone in Thailand. I was reading 'Stalingrad' outside my room on the bank of the river Kwai and she was staying in a room opposite me on a raft on the river. She said hello, we got chatting, went to dinner and arranged to meet up a week later on Ko Pan Ngan. I left Thailand before her for Australia but she invited me to stay with her family in Victor Harbor, SA when she got back.

4 years later we will be flying to Oz to start from scratch in Brissie. Can't wait.
Old Jul 24th 2004, 7:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

We met working on a project in Melbourne, sitting 3 feet away from each other. JTL's not Aussie, nor am I, but we are now both future Aussies! He was (still is until next Wednesday) working for my client company. It was one of those taboos at work where clients are supposed to be off the limit. But couldn't resist... Oh we were staying in the same serviced apartment building as well, he was a couple of floors below me but we didn't know that for the first 3 weeks.

Followed him to the UK, got on 2 more projects with him, working almost side by side in London, Glasgow and Melbourne, and back to Glasgow again.

No, I wasn't stalking him at all... I swear...

Mrs JTL

P.S. Warning: Don't sit 3 feet from me or you'll have to marry me!
Old Jul 24th 2004, 7:57 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How did you meet your Aussie partner?

Originally posted by kong
I met my Aussie partner at a well known British music festival.
Hey Kong

What does your partner think of your anti Australian rants?

Does she know? And more interestingly what are her views about Oz?

Walla
Old Jul 24th 2004, 8:02 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

I am the Ozzie in the relationship...but my Hubby met me....at...of all places....having a cuppa at a burger van....

It was only a week or so after I had arrived in the UK....

We went out for about a year...he proposed....we got married a year after that in Australia...that was 15 months ago now and we will be living in Australia from 30th September....

Cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 24th 2004, 8:07 pm
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice

I met my wife on ICQ - yes that good old chat/pervy chat program and I was at work at the time too...(I suppose thats the only good thing about my Old Job at Vianetworks was meeting my wife)

We chatted and then we used the phone - how quaint.

5 years later we got married and now I am going to Oz - even though I vowed I would never leave this green and Septic Isle of ours. Now I cant wait to see the back of it and most of all ... lose this awful accent of mine - Warrington, Northern and God knows what else. Having said that, I cannot deny that yes I am a Pome and will always be a pome...until I get my Ozzie Citizenship.

G'day
Old Jul 24th 2004, 8:18 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I was on holiday in Oz - flying back from Tassie to the UK via Melbourne, stopped off to see the Grand Prix and have a couple of days sight-seeing. Standing in the MCG (cricket ground) souvenir shop waiting for the guided tour, and the guide said to this big bloke next to me "Where are you from?" he said, "Queensland, I'm here for the race". The guide then looked at me and said "You two must be together" at which point we looked at each other in horror and said "NO!"Went on the tour, went and had lunch and the bloke who had been standing next to me came and asked to join me, turned out he was a marshal at the Grand Prix. Spent the next couple of days sight-seeing and drinking.
3 years later I came back and married him!
Old Jul 24th 2004, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by JackTheLad
P.S. Warning: Don't sit 3 feet from me or you'll have to marry me!
polygamy isn't legal in Oz you know
Old Jul 24th 2004, 8:41 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

As a side issue of this thread I would like to know how much the Aus contingent banked
Old Jul 24th 2004, 8:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
polygamy isn't legal in Oz you know
Darn! Wrong country we're headed then...

Mrs JTL
Old Jul 24th 2004, 8:58 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by JackTheLad
Darn! Wrong country we're headed then...

Mrs JTL
Don't worry - it's only illegal if you are caught
Old Jul 24th 2004, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

Like Sam and Andy, I met my wife via net chatrooms. We got on realy great so I decided to go on a holiday to meet her. During the month I was in Australia, we really hit it off, and so after I came back to the UK, mary was able to get a right of abode certificate for her aussie passport (her mum was born in Ireland before 1923).

After a year or so in the UK we married, and decided to go for a visa, and the rest, as they say, is history!
Old Jul 24th 2004, 9:40 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

I met my gorgeous Aussie hubby at a........

BARBEQUE arghhhhhhhhh in the UK of all places.

Here is the little story. I had been single for a while and my dear friend was having a barbie and had invited an Aussie from her work( who was new to UK) and his flat mate( this is my hubby). Brilliant food, music, hot summer night get the picture. !So my mate decided to drag me into a crowd of blokes and introduce me, lucky I had my alcohol courage head on !!so to cut in short we talked alot all of us etc and my future hubby was very polite and well mannered even tho he was getting well and truly slaughtered with the booze...I had just qualified as an Aromatherapist and Masseuse so my mate had told them all and they were all asking to be a volunteer!!!!

Anyway a few days later I get a call from my mate who had the barbie and she saying this guy wants my number etc so I actually phoned him and we chatted for days on and off. He was travelling around with his work then doing IT so didn't see him for a couple of weeks but then it all fell into place and we just spent as much time with one another as possible..and here we are 5 years on, still very happily married with a beautiful titch...awwwwww bless.

Last edited by Pants; Jul 24th 2004 at 10:12 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.