Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How did you do in the citizenship test?

View Poll Results: What mark did you achieve in the citizenship test?
<= 25%
13.33%
<= 50%
0%
<= 75%
13.33%
<= 100%
73.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

How did you do in the citizenship test?

Old May 23rd 2008, 12:46 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default How did you do in the citizenship test?

I'm just curious to know how easy or difficult people found the Citizenship test to be?

I fluffed one question (after initially choosing the correct answer and then changing my mind - Where Were The 1956 Olympics Held?) and I feel peeved that I didn't get full-marks.

What did other people get right and wrong? How hard did you study the book beforehand?
Old May 23rd 2008, 12:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: How did you do in the citizenship test?

I am interested in seeing how this poll goes. I am sitting the test next Tuesday.

Last edited by Loch Lomond; May 23rd 2008 at 12:57 am. Reason: typo
Old May 23rd 2008, 1:13 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

20 out of 20 in 90 seconds.
I read the book once - it's an interesting read btw.

It's so easy that only a retarded/mental/issues person could fail it.

Last edited by Amazulu; May 23rd 2008 at 3:07 am.
Old May 23rd 2008, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Amazulu

It's so easy that only a retardED/mental/issues person could fail it.
I agree even though I took 3 minutes as I decided to check my answers before submitting for marking.
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

scotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Amazulu

It's so easy that only a retarded/mental/issues person could fail it.
We are sure to get an honest poll result now
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:37 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scotvness
We are sure to get an honest poll result now
Well, it's less than 12 out of 20 to be classified as retarded (not by me I hasten to add).

What annoys me is that I knew that book "back to front" except for my vague recollection of where the 1956 Olympics were held. Ask me about Phar Lap, Captain Matthew Flinders (Terra Australias Incognita), Queensland's single parlimentary house of the Legislative Assembly etc etc and I would have answered the question without hesitation.

Effing Murphy's law if you ask me.....
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:48 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I got two wrong. One, I think, was about Australian colonies and how they worked after Jan 1901. I have no idea what the other one was because as soon as I submitted, the questions left my brain I took about 3 minutes because I reread them all before submitting. I was peed off I didn't get 100% but whatever, I passed

It's so easy that only a retarded/mental/issues person could fail it. That's a bit harsh. When I did mine the girl told me that 7 had failed the previous day. If you just get one wrong on the Responsibilities and Privileges section you fail so I think nerves could play a part, especially if English isn't your first language.

Saying that, yes you'd have to be fairly dim
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:51 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: How did you do in the citizenship test?

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I got two wrong. One, I think, was about Australian colonies and how they worked after Jan 1901.
Federation!

Old May 23rd 2008, 6:02 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Federation!

...and they were no longer colonies after 1901.....
Old May 23rd 2008, 6:06 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Federation!

Yup, the word escaped me briefly
Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
...and they were no longer colonies after 1901.....
I know now