Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How did you decide where to live........

Wikiposts

How did you decide where to live........

Old Oct 30th 2005, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How did you decide where to live........

Originally Posted by Rooksie
LOL!! you might live to regret that if we end of in cairns baking to death!! Bixie has been dangling a large carrot at me!!!
Hmmmmm a large carrot eh?
Old Oct 30th 2005, 8:41 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hilary6
Hmmmmm a large carrot eh?

HUGE!!
Old Oct 30th 2005, 9:12 pm
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light

My choice is Brisbane.

Reason? I have got a few friends over there, been there before (going back again in 25 days!!!! ) and loved it to bits, also got friends in Newcastle and Sydney travelling wise it would be easier to go and see them, don’t have to pay for accommodation hehehe and not too far (by air)
Old Oct 30th 2005, 10:16 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

We choose Perth because ...

It NEVER rains

There's LOADS of jobs

It's only a FEW hours and you're 'home' ...

You can buy a FIELD for nothing

Nobody goes on the BEACHES

Originally Posted by fraser
We've always loved Melbourne, but we're going to give it a couple of years and maybe try somewhere else as we'd like to experience living in different places.
Old Oct 30th 2005, 10:24 pm
Just Joined

romukmelau is on a distinguished road

Melbourne is like Birmingham - too many cars, crappy weather - a decent beach is miles away - wish I had gone to Adelaide or Tasmania!

Will stay here for about a year - we all prefer Hampshire in England - better by miles!!! - just wish someone would get rid of Bliar - oops sorry Blair!! Good lucK!!
Old Oct 30th 2005, 10:39 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by romukmelau
Melbourne is like Birmingham - too many cars, crappy weather - a decent beach is miles away - wish I had gone to Adelaide or Tasmania!

Will stay here for about a year - we all prefer Hampshire in England - better by miles!!! - just wish someone would get rid of Bliar - oops sorry Blair!! Good lucK!!

I'm sure you will fit in to Adelaide or Tassie really well.
Old Oct 30th 2005, 10:51 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bordy

I was waiting patiently ......
Old Oct 30th 2005, 10:52 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I was waiting patiently ......
Hope you weren't disappointed dear.
Old Oct 30th 2005, 10:52 pm
The Godfather

Or Dahl.
Old Oct 30th 2005, 10:53 pm
Account Closed

Nope - up to usual standard!!
Old Oct 30th 2005, 10:58 pm
The Godfather

Nope - up to usual standard!!

I'll take that as a compliment.
Old Oct 30th 2005, 11:08 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

I'll take that as a compliment.
You have to take them
Old Oct 30th 2005, 11:22 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

We took a pin and a map and ......

The truth is I don't really know. I guess the first thing about Brisbane was that it wasn't a huge city but wasn't quite a backwater either. Cost of living is reasonable, so are job prospects. But when we started looking into the various locations in Oz to consider, we just got a feel that Brisbane would suit us (without having visited at that point).

When we came on a recce, we went to Brisbane first and loved it. We went to Melbourne wehere we planned to spend a week and headed back to Brisbane after 3 or 4 days. Melbourne just didn't feel right for us.

Brisbane was always first choice but we considered Melbourne because of the better IT prospects. But we found that the prospects in Brisbane were good enough anyway so the deal was done
Old Oct 31st 2005, 12:19 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by hilary6
We're set on Queensland....... somewhere think Ill just follow you
Follow us, we haven't a scooby!
Old Oct 31st 2005, 2:12 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

What is that supposed to mean

Anyhoo we could only get in via STNI and have chosen Tassie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.