Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How did you decide where to live........

How did you decide where to live........

Old Oct 30th 2005, 10:25 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default How did you decide where to live........

We've always loved Melbourne, but we're going to give it a couple of years and maybe try somewhere else as we'd like to experience living in different places.
Old Oct 30th 2005, 11:27 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How did you decide where to live........

Originally Posted by fraser
We've always loved Melbourne, but we're going to give it a couple of years and maybe try somewhere else as we'd like to experience living in different places.
We travelled about a fair bit, but always intended to live close to the bulk of our family out there. Didn't take to places like Brisbane or Adelaide though, so it wasn't a huge issue.
Old Oct 30th 2005, 11:49 pm
Bloomin' well done it!!!!

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: How did you decide where to live........

Hi.
We are off to Adelaide as thats where hubby's job will hopefully be.
Done loads of research on the area and schools are good and housing relatively cheap there compared to other areas - - -it'll do us for starters!!!

Good luck with your decision making. Sure whatever you decide will be great.

xRachx
Old Oct 31st 2005, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

We settled here in Brissie as I have family here. The suburb we are in is great for us at the moment, but I think to buy a house in the future I would like to be out in the country a bit more, but still around Brissie.

Katie
Old Oct 31st 2005, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

playbunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really nice

The type of visa we got meant we could only come to Melbourne and stay for two years then we are free to go anywhere in OZ.We are only morally meant to stay here but we don't want to move now anyway.We are viewing Melbourne as somewhere we will spend the next three/four years and then review it.
Old Oct 31st 2005, 12:50 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by playbunny75
The type of visa we got meant we could only come to Melbourne and stay for two years then we are free to go anywhere in OZ.We are only morally meant to stay here but we don't want to move now anyway.We are viewing Melbourne as somewhere we will spend the next three/four years and then review it.
We also came on a STNI but always planned to live here.
Old Oct 31st 2005, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

playbunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really nice

We also came on a STNI but always planned to live here.
We were very happy to be in Melbourne hubby loved it anyway I was always quite taken with Brisbane but Melbourne has really grown on me now.
Old Oct 31st 2005, 8:00 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

We're heading to Sydney as that's where all the family are, but as property is so expensive, we are going to also look at the options to live further afield in NSW.

After our last holiday in Queensland, I almost persuaded the rellies to look at moving there but the blighters thought that they'd miss the 'seasons' too much! So Sydney it is - for the time being!

Nicky
Old Oct 31st 2005, 8:12 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

you know me mate - im the last person you should ask!!!! ive lived all over australia - virtually at least!!!!

end of the day - jobs, housing, weather, opportunities for the girls, scenery, beaches - are all things i have considered but im still "somewhere" in queensland!!
Old Oct 31st 2005, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by Rooksie
you know me mate - im the last person you should ask!!!! ive lived all over australia - virtually at least!!!!

end of the day - jobs, housing, weather, opportunities for the girls, scenery, beaches - are all things i have considered but im still "somewhere" in queensland!!
Make sure it's near to the beach, I'd hate a long walk when I come to visit
Old Oct 31st 2005, 8:17 am
Account Closed

Make sure it's near to the beach, I'd hate a long walk when I come to visit

you betcha!!!!
Old Oct 31st 2005, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

After 10 months of making plans we still cant bloody decide
Old Oct 31st 2005, 8:28 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by hilary6
After 10 months of making plans we still cant bloody decide

not just me then!!!!!

im defo on queensland just dont know where (although in moments of madness i do consider sydney )
Old Oct 31st 2005, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
not just me then!!!!!

im defo on queensland just dont know where (although in moments of madness i do consider sydney )
We're set on Queensland....... somewhere think Ill just follow you
Old Oct 31st 2005, 8:33 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by hilary6
We're set on Queensland....... somewhere think Ill just follow you

LOL!! you might live to regret that if we end of in cairns baking to death!! Bixie has been dangling a large carrot at me!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.