Reload this Page >

How did you all last?

How did you all last?

Old Jan 7th 2004, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

sigourner is on a distinguished road
Default How did you all last?

Hi all

Simple question yet again I am having to wait another year and a half before I can even apply for my visa (I am trying to move over on a skilled migration visa) but it seems to be taking ages to get my four years experience I need. How have you all managed to hang around for so long waiting for your visa application to go through, I feel as if my life is on hold till I find out. The only thing that I can do to sort of chill it out a bit is to holiday (next one next January for another six weeks ) over there and to do my Aussie bit over here and surf (which is mighty cold, went the other day and the sand was frozen all the way onto the beach :scared:!) Oh yeah and are there any handy hints for getting extra points like saying that you would vounteer for the fire service or lifegaurd or that?
Old Jan 7th 2004, 7:52 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

You must be a keen surfer. What are the waves like around Perth?
Old Jan 7th 2004, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by bondipom
You must be a keen surfer. What are the waves like around Perth?
No good near Perth, but they are if you are willing to travel, I have been surfing a few spots round Edinburgh and Dundee but the best have been up at the very far North of Scotland. Easily overhead and some really nice clean waves, was out once while it was snowing. Apparently Thurso is supposed to be in the top ten surfing spots! You surfing in Oz?
Old Jan 7th 2004, 8:01 am
WBB

Default Re: How did you all last?

Originally posted by sigourner
Hi all

Simple question yet again I am having to wait another year and a half before I can even apply for my visa (I am trying to move over on a skilled migration visa) but it seems to be taking ages to get my four years experience I need. How have you all managed to hang around for so long waiting for your visa application to go through, I feel as if my life is on hold till I find out. The only thing that I can do to sort of chill it out a bit is to holiday (next one next January for another six weeks ) over there and to do my Aussie bit over here and surf (which is mighty cold, went the other day and the sand was frozen all the way onto the beach :scared:!) Oh yeah and are there any handy hints for getting extra points like saying that you would vounteer for the fire service or lifegaurd or that?
$100k buys you 5 points.

:scared: :scared:

Old Jan 7th 2004, 8:03 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all
The only thing that I can do to sort of chill it out a bit is to holiday (next one next January for another six weeks ) over there and to do my Aussie bit over here and surf (which is mighty cold, went the other day and the sand was frozen all the way onto the beach :scared:!) Oh yeah and are there any handy hints for getting extra points like saying that you would vounteer for the fire service or lifegaurd or that?
My parents live in Jersey where surfing is a big thing and there were plenty of people out in the freezing water on Boxing Day...mind you, I should imagine it's even colder in the water up there in Scotland!
Old Jan 7th 2004, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by welshboybilly
$100k buys you 5 points.

:scared: :scared:
Is that when you put it down as a bond or is it just the money you have in the bank? Probably mean a few less though
Old Jan 7th 2004, 8:21 am
WBB

Is that when you put it down as a bond or is it just the money you have in the bank? Probably mean a few less though

you have to stump the money up as a bond, i believe you get it back with interest.

Old Jan 7th 2004, 8:52 am

No good near Perth, but they are if you are willing to travel, I have been surfing a few spots round Edinburgh and Dundee but the best have been up at the very far North of Scotland. Easily overhead and some really nice clean waves, was out once while it was snowing. Apparently Thurso is supposed to be in the top ten surfing spots! You surfing in Oz?
Excellent except I get in the steamer when the water is 15 and the air is 10. I would freeze up there. CHnj is another waxhead in Scotland. Head height tends to flatten me and teach me nature is boss.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

Excellent except I get in the steamer when the water is 15 and the air is 10. I would freeze up there. CHnj is another waxhead in Scotland. Head height tends to flatten me and teach me nature is boss.
You know that feeling when you bash your knuckle with a spanner when working on the car? You know the same feeling when you do it on a freezing cold day?

Nature reminds you a lot harder up here I think! lol
Old Jan 7th 2004, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

I think it is only my inexperience which allows me to get out in that sort of wave just now, real problems trying to get out the back but good if you can catch them.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by CHnJ
You know that feeling when you bash your knuckle with a spanner when working on the car? You know the same feeling when you do it on a freezing cold day?

Nature reminds you a lot harder up here I think! lol

Where abouts do you surf in Scotland then? Been out recently?
Old Jan 7th 2004, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

Where abouts do you surf in Scotland then? Been out recently?
Edinburgh - so Pease Bay was my haunt, but not for a long time. A new longboard will be in my "First 5 big ticket items to buy" list when I arrive.

BP, how much of the year can you be in the water in just a rashie near Sydney? I'm a Gold Coast wuss at heart and I don't like neoprene if I can avoid it.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

Edinburgh - so Pease Bay was my haunt, but not for a long time. A new longboard will be in my "First 5 big ticket items to buy" list when I arrive.

BP, how much of the year can you be in the water in just a rashie near Sydney? I'm a Gold Coast wuss at heart and I don't like neoprene if I can avoid it.
Been to Pease a few times, they even managed to get themselves a web cam now, but it is down just now
Old Jan 7th 2004, 9:18 am

Depends on how hard you are. For me 2 months in the rashy, 6 in the springy and 4 in the steamer.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Been to Pease a few times, they even managed to get themselves a web cam now, but it is down just now
I might have stayed at it longer if they'd had it when I was going. An hour's drive and £10 of petrol to discover it was flat was another real reason why I packed it in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.