Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How did you all find out about britishexpats.com?

Old Mar 24th 2004, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant future
Default How did you all find out about britishexpats.com?

I found out about it after I posted a thread on fool.co.uk , after we had signed up with agents. I only wish I had found out about it earlier!!!

It would have saved me £1500 in fees. Our application was a bog standard one with the missus being a nurse, but the agents never mentioned this site to us. A bit ironic given that they post on the immigration forum all the time!!

We have learned an awful lot from this site, and thanks to all the people who take time to answer questions and share opinions.

What are your experiences?
Old Mar 24th 2004, 2:20 pm

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How did you all find out about britishexpats.com?

Originally posted by Jimbo9

I found out about it after I posted a thread on fool.co.uk , after we had signed up with agents. I only wish I had found out about it earlier!!!

It would have saved me £1500 in fees. Our application was a bog standard one with the missus being a nurse, but the agents never mentioned this site to us. A bit ironic given that they post on the immigration forum all the time!!

We have learned an awful lot from this site, and thanks to all the people who take time to answer questions and share opinions.

Mines quite funny!

I sold a book about emigrating to Aus on Ebay when I had finished with it.

When the lady sent the cheque she included a note which said she would hate me to miss out on this wealth of knowledge if I didn't already know about it...I accidently threw the note away but had a vague idea of the name..took bloody ages to find it though!
Old Mar 24th 2004, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

andrea jc is an unknown quantity at this point

My agent told me about this site...which I took to be a good sign! I'm using oe visas and they've been excellent so far.

Andrea jc
Old Mar 24th 2004, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

dreamers is an unknown quantity at this point

I was just doing search after search for anything I could find on Oz and this came up - as you say, can't beat it for advice and general chat too! Totally addicted to it now.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

kath29 is an unknown quantity at this point

I did an internet search and up it popped. Have to say it's fast becoming an addiction for me too and I haven't even applyed for a visa yet I'm still fact finding.As I,m a nurse should I apply without using an agent?

Last edited by kath29; Mar 24th 2004 at 3:00 pm.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 2:51 pm
WBB

i was told about it by a mate.

Old Mar 24th 2004, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by kath29
I did an internet search and up it popped. Have to say it's fast becoming an addiction for me too and I haven't even applyed for a visa yet I'm still fact finding. As I'm a nurse do you think it would be a waste of time using an agent?
Yes!!! You can find out everything you need to know on here.

I found it using a search engine, but didn't use it for a while as it used to be more intimidating back then? Maybe I've just got used to it though!
Old Mar 24th 2004, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant future

Originally posted by kath29
I did an internet search and up it popped. Have to say it's fast becoming an addiction for me too and I haven't even applyed for a visa yet I'm still fact finding. As I'm a nurse do you think it would be a waste of time using an agent?

Yes, absolutely - it will make me feel a lot better if you don't after we wasted so much cash. As a nurse you will sail through in terms of time taken to grant your visa. Only delay will be getting references and exam transcipts when getting your skills assessed.

good luck
Old Mar 24th 2004, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Troood will become famous soon enough

Hiya

I'm a Recruitment Consultant (boo, hiss) and called a candidate up about a job. He told me he was emigrating to NZ the next day. We started chatting about his move and my plans to do the same and he recommended this site. I've not looked back since and have recommended it to lots of other people.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 4:10 pm
Mmmm what to do!!

katherineiv is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
I found this site by going on another site.
I go on a site called essential baby.com where i went to meet other mums in oz and find out abit then one of the girls gave me this site.............
have got loads of imfo from here

cheers katherine
Old Mar 24th 2004, 4:45 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya,

I found this site when I asked Jeeves about emigrating to Oz. Best info he has ever given me, lol. Quite addicted now.

Sarah
Old Mar 24th 2004, 4:49 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

i was walking down the street and tripped over it.
i just wish we had found it sooner too. the amount of cash we would have save!!!!!

soapy
Old Mar 24th 2004, 5:07 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

Since Im a Brit livig in USA I read the Telegraph on line and posted a question on their expat sight. Avery helpful lady answered my question and told me about this site. (thank you, thank you)
Old Mar 24th 2004, 5:44 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Can't remember exactly, no one told me about this site, so I must have found it surfing.
Wish I had found it sooner though as would have not used an agent as all the information is on here. See lots of very helpful people on here.

Jenny
Old Mar 24th 2004, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road

I think I got the link from this site:

http://www.escapeartist.com/

I was a bit too shy to get involved at first so I spectated for ages, but I've got over it now. I find that the forums can feel a bit cliquey sometimes but mostly I find everyone really friendly and a bit of a laugh.

There are minds of useless and useful information on here! Both of which I enjoy!

sandy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.