Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How crap were the Lions

How crap were the Lions

Old Jun 25th 2005, 4:30 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default How crap were the Lions

The Lions played really bad & were well beaten, thing is the AB's didn't play all that well either. I don't think the Lions will be able to raise their game for the 2nd test & have missed a great opportunity to get one ahead.

The Springbokke showed the way by thumping the French.
Old Jun 25th 2005, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Didnaeseeu is a jewel in the roughDidnaeseeu is a jewel in the roughDidnaeseeu is a jewel in the roughDidnaeseeu is a jewel in the roughDidnaeseeu is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: How crap were the Lions

Originally Posted by Amazulu
The Lions played really bad & were well beaten, thing is the AB's didn't play all that well either. I don't think the Lions will be able to raise their game for the 2nd test & have missed a great opportunity to get one ahead.

The Springbokke showed the way by thumping the French.
The lions were sooo crap today, but really what a surprise!!!!!!

Too many from the old boys club not enough 'on form' players!

Although lets face it the boks did well today against a very poor french side, but well done the boks.

But especially good on ya NZ
Old Jun 26th 2005, 5:57 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Didnaeseeu
The lions were sooo crap today, but really what a surprise!!!!!!

Too many from the old boys club not enough 'on form' players!

Although lets face it the boks did well today against a very poor french side, but well done the boks.

But especially good on ya NZ
Sure the French did not play as well as they could, but it was a really strong French side & they were well beaten. The Boks played really well.
Old Jun 26th 2005, 11:23 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

They were f*!%kin KEEERRRRRAPPPP!
Just watched the Clive Woodward interview on Sky News about Danny Grewcocks 2 month ban. Why does he always take so long answering a question. It takes him 10 minutes to say what we could in 30 seconds, he's always too busy shuffling, fussing and farting around in his seat, he never looks at the camera. He infuriates the f**k out of me.
And....relax!
Old Jun 26th 2005, 11:43 am
Badge

Originally Posted by rossifumi
They were f*!%kin KEEERRRRRAPPPP!
Just watched the Clive Woodward interview on Sky News about Danny Grewcocks 2 month ban. Why does he always take so long answering a question. It takes him 10 minutes to say what we could in 30 seconds, he's always too busy shuffling, fussing and farting around in his seat, he never looks at the camera. He infuriates the f**k out of me.
And....relax!
Clive has seen his best. The selection of too many Englishman has infuriated many if you look on the rugby newsgroups. My view:

The English core of the team as in 2003 is buggered or - retired. There are too many in this test Lions lineup. Some of the Celtic nations appear to want a Welsh 15(!) but I say that only about 20 points over 5 games costthe current England team the Grand Slam when they won a Grand Slam and 3 or so Championships with huge margins since 2000. The Welsh were deserving winners of the Six Nations championship but they need the likes of Lewsey and Robinson over others. Lewsey and Hill were the only definite Englishman in my books - I reckon we need Hensen now - but still need to play the old test rugby.

Back in 2003 there were many bandwagon people on this group adulating the English squad and many criticising their '10 man' rugby when they had been scoring tries galore for quite a few years in the 6N. But now we do need to continue the 10 man rugby - test matches have always been tight affairs. But the lineout is buggered too and the pack are directionless.

Having said that, you can only only beat NZ by attacking back at them - why do the French do so well!! It will get interesting - or, it could be the worst Lions squad to tour in a generation for all the efforts of the management team.

Badge

Old Jun 26th 2005, 11:49 am
Banned

Fuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant future

Spot on there mate, I agree that Henson should be included, for him not to even be on the bench is a crime and Woodward should should hang his head in shame.
Old Jun 26th 2005, 9:50 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Sure, Woodward has got to take a lot of the blame with his selection & tactics, but that does not fully explain the poor performance. They should have played a lot better. Shane Byrne the hooker had a shocker, one of the worse performances by an international hooker that I have seen. So although the team selection was poor, the guys who were out there did not perform. To win the next 2 tests would be a miracle.
Old Jun 27th 2005, 12:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Sure the French did not play as well as they could, but it was a really strong French side & they were well beaten. The Boks played really well.
Should make for an interesting tri-nations, NZ looked very strong
Old Jun 27th 2005, 2:58 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Good!
Woodward was slated before hand for his biased choices and it seems he is proving his critics right. Totally biased in his choices.

Personally, I'm glad they got they got slaughtered and not the only one who has said/thought this
British lions - Ha what a joke - token gestures to appease the other British nations.

I actually had to laugh at Henry's statements leading up to this - before the game ( about the only time I've ever agreed with him)
- too true, it turned out correct.

Didn't see the game myself, it's not shown here on free to air TV as we are living in bubble land here with no silly interests to what goes on in the outside world.

cheers

Last edited by Ceri; Jun 27th 2005 at 3:04 am.
Old Jun 27th 2005, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

Dmartyos has a spectacular aura aboutDmartyos has a spectacular aura aboutDmartyos has a spectacular aura about

After managing to get my sorry ar&e up for 7am on a saturday & watch the Lions get rolled over I was pretty unhappy for the rest of the weekend.

The set plays were awful, The forwards looked lost, undone physically.
BOD was defo targetted after the HAKA dance & the Lions response. Come on, why is it one team can produce such a intimidating start to the game & the other team are not allowed to respond (even with dignity like they did) & the kiwi crowd still slate them.

The response of the some of the Kiwi crowd & press have been rubbish to say the least. Slating the Lions & supporters who have travelled across the world.

On saturday I kind of thought - what is the point in the Lions anymore?
If it means going to NZ, get hammered in the press, have our own ex players slating the team at every point, certain minority of NZ fans slating the opposition. Whats the point?

In honesty Lions has no benefit for British Isles rugby. It doesnt benefit the sport in any way here. No income from fans/development of new players.
Just seems an easy way to break careers or injuries & slate young players who potentially could have a promising career & dent their confidence for life.
ie. Murphy / Henson etc.

NZ have benefitted enormoiously , something like £4 million pounds in revenue, advertising the sport & youth involvement etc. Therefore why are they slating the Lions team & supporters to the state of near racial overtones? Ie go back to UK/Go back to England?

There is a rivalry between the sporting sides which is good to see, but in the last few years I feel its become more then that & an reason to become discrimination between the countries (hopefully by a small minority - but they seem to shout the loudest).

I just think the Lions tours as a whole do not work anymore now its all professional, little time to prepare, too many players, too many matches/Injuries & arguments & press reports which ruin the spirit.

cheers Damo