Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How is this for a crap IT job in Perth?

How is this for a crap IT job in Perth?

Old Mar 17th 2004, 4:53 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default How is this for a crap IT job in Perth?

http://forums.port-80.net/ikonboard....t=ST;f=6;t=981
Old Mar 17th 2004, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How is this for a crap IT job in Perth?

Isn't that considered well-paid for Perth ?
Old Mar 17th 2004, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

That is low.
Are the wages as poorly paid in other professions.
no wonder the house prices are good.
Is it the same all over Australia or are the wages better in Brisbane? Anyone know off the top of there heads?
Old Mar 17th 2004, 6:43 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Dreamaway 10
That is low.
Are the wages as poorly paid in other professions.
no wonder the house prices are good.
Is it the same all over Australia or are the wages better in Brisbane? Anyone know off the top of there heads?
That's low even for Perth.

Trouble is the law of supply and demand. Perth is a small place and there are a lot of LAMP/UNIX/Web people around.
Old Mar 17th 2004, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

I didn't read all 10 pages.... but wasn't this a job at a start up. The way I read it, it was asking for someone to invest their time in the hope the company does well and profits allow greater salaries.

More importantly the guy didn't have commercial experience as a pre-requisite. In other words somebody gets a good chance to get some stuff on the CV.

Personally I reckon it's a great option to someone starting in IT.
Old Mar 17th 2004, 8:56 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Nibbs
I didn't read all 10 pages.... but wasn't this a job at a start up. The way I read it, it was asking for someone to invest their time in the hope the company does well and profits allow greater salaries.

More importantly the guy didn't have commercial experience as a pre-requisite. In other words somebody gets a good chance to get some stuff on the CV.

Personally I reckon it's a great option to someone starting in IT.
I read 6 pages of it, they would be happy with someone just out of school, that has got abilities. ie: A young computer geek.

A great opportunity for someone to get a foot on the first rung of the ladder. As you say, the experience goes on his CV ( resume in OZ talk )

I've given similar job opportunities to people in the past, and it can really help someone get started.

Old Mar 17th 2004, 9:29 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

If I was the young geek I would be seriously questioning the companies commitment to training and development. With that wage it must be 2 way.
Old Mar 18th 2004, 12:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by bondipom
If I was the young geek I would be seriously questioning the companies commitment to training and development. With that wage it must be 2 way.
Very very true BP.

It's all very well offering a start but unless the development is there the webbie may not be much better off after a year.
Old Mar 18th 2004, 12:27 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Nibbs
Very very true BP.

It's all very well offering a start but unless the development is there the webbie may not be much better off after a year.
It does depend on what other options are available?

eg:

Staying on benefit for 12 months after leaving school, because all other employers want someone with experience ?

or

Having earned $25,000, and got 12 months experience in a work place, and be able to show the next employer that they have now got the experience required. AND having the satisfaction that they have done something.