Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How to confirm medicals have been received?

How to confirm medicals have been received?

Old Feb 8th 2005, 8:29 am
Just Joined

gavin_uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to confirm medicals have been received?

Hi

Has anyone out there managed to get confirmation that their medicals have been received? Mine were posted directly by the panel doctor via Royal Mail 'International Signed For Delivery'.
When I check the status of delivery on their web site it just says 'package has been passed to international carrier'. When I phone Royal Mail they are unhelpful to say the least!

Any advice greatfully received.

Gavin
Old Feb 8th 2005, 8:41 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How to confirm medicals have been received?

Originally Posted by gavin_uk
Hi

Has anyone out there managed to get confirmation that their medicals have been received? Mine were posted directly by the panel doctor via Royal Mail 'International Signed For Delivery'.
When I check the status of delivery on their web site it just says 'package has been passed to international carrier'. When I phone Royal Mail they are unhelpful to say the least!

Gavin
hi Gavin

When it is signed for it should come up with time who signed for it etc....good luck.....where u hoping to head for and where r u heading from?
Old Feb 8th 2005, 9:34 am
ピーター及びクレア

PWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gavin_uk
Hi

Gavin
Not good news I am afraid.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=280530 this link should explain it all.

Cheers.
Old Feb 8th 2005, 10:09 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PWBCSA
Not good news I am afraid.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=280530 this link should explain it all.

Cheers.
Yes this is worrying me too - when I originally got my quote for medicals the quote price included 'courier fee'. When I attended my medicals I questioned what courier they use - the receptionist said oh we use the international signed for service as we are sending several at once!!? We have never had any problems! I am phoning receptionist back this am to give her my casefile no to put on meds and x-rays then she will be sending them - what do you think I should do? I feel if meds are lost during posting then this is the Dr's responsibility and the Dr should have to repeat them free of charge - is this so? Should I just organise a courier like DHL who I have already used several times? Not sure how to do that if DHL are to collect meds from Dr directly?
Lynn
Old Feb 8th 2005, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Yes this is worrying me too - when I originally got my quote for medicals the quote price included 'courier fee'. When I attended my medicals I questioned what courier they use - the receptionist said oh we use the international signed for service as we are sending several at once!!? We have never had any problems! I am phoning receptionist back this am to give her my casefile no to put on meds and x-rays then she will be sending them - what do you think I should do? I feel if meds are lost during posting then this is the Dr's responsibility and the Dr should have to repeat them free of charge - is this so? Should I just organise a courier like DHL who I have already used several times? Not sure how to do that if DHL are to collect meds from Dr directly?
Lynn
Personally I would insist that the medicals are sent via a traceable method (which Royal Mail "International Signed for isn't"). I can't see why you cannot pay the courirer and give them the doctors address to collect from if the doctors won't give you the medicals. Without this you won't have any proof if DIMIA say they haven't received them (and this seems to happen quite regularly, it happened to me for police checks)

If the doctors insist then I would get signed confirmation from them that if the medicals are lost (and cannot be located within a certain period or proved to have arrived at their destination) they will redo every part at no cost to yourselves.