Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How close to "the end" are we ?

How close to "the end" are we ?

Old Aug 26th 2004, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute
Default How close to "the end" are we ?

We just received the pack from Adelaide this morning containing the medical and police clearance certificate forms. Once we have done these, is there anything else we need to do (other than cross fingers and toes ) ? Roughly how close to the end of the process are we ?
Old Aug 26th 2004, 11:34 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How close to "the end" are we ?

Originally Posted by BenandPam
We just received the pack from Adelaide this morning containing the medical and police clearance certificate forms. Once we have done these, is there anything else we need to do (other than cross fingers and toes ) ? Roughly how close to the end of the process are we ?
Pretty close. Nothing's certain, but get 'em sent back and hopefully the final wait can begin.
Old Aug 26th 2004, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute

The reason for asking is that I wasn't expecting the request to come through for some time as we only submitted our application at the end of July. If this is really the last hurdle then a small amount of mild panic will ensue :scared: .

Better start talking to the building society to arrange the bond.
Old Aug 26th 2004, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

RichnKim is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ben&Pam

What time of visa have you applied for ?
Some of them are fast tracked like the 139 sub class
Rgds

Rich
Old Aug 26th 2004, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

We are applying for a 136 skilled independent (my wife qualifies as a Business Analyst equivalent), which is why I was surprised to receive the request so soon.

I apologise in advance for the impending torrent of strange questions
Old Aug 26th 2004, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

RichnKim is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't apologies. Thats what this is all about.
Although I do not post on here very often. I 've gained loads of invaluable info form the people who have made the big move already

Best of luck

Rich
Old Aug 26th 2004, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Dmartyos has a spectacular aura aboutDmartyos has a spectacular aura aboutDmartyos has a spectacular aura about

Ben & Pam

Congrats looks like you are well on the way through the process.

Take it you have qualified through ACS? If so could I ask you a couple of questions related to applying for skills assessment?

Its just that it looks like Im applying for same job spec as you mentioned & I am worried that my reference will not be suitable for application (trying to do it DIY cause its only myself with no other issues).

Also trying to get correct infor from uni concerning my IT Degree.

I can PM the references I have so far if that would be ok to check.
What was the time line for ACS with their verdict.

Thanks for any help, this seems like really quick replys from post july people, hopefully dima will catch up with the rest asap

Thanks

Marty
Old Aug 26th 2004, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Marty

Feel free to send a PM and Pam will look at it when she is back from work.
Old Aug 26th 2004, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road

Hi Ben and Pam,
Nobody really knows how long it will take for the bond to be requested and the visas to be issued, as they started using a new system from July 1st. Where r u heading in OZ?
cheers

Old Aug 26th 2004, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Dmartyos has a spectacular aura aboutDmartyos has a spectacular aura aboutDmartyos has a spectacular aura about

Marty

Feel free to send a PM and Pam will look at it when she is back from work.
Thanks for your help, I dont actually have it online at the moment (am at work) but if its ok I will forward on my rough copys asap.

Cheers
Old Aug 26th 2004, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Threlly, we are hoping to get to Melbourne as Pam will be looking for IT jobs and already has a possible "in" with a company there. We also have friends who have recently returned to the area which will also make life a bit easier.
Old Aug 26th 2004, 5:58 pm
Go Banana's !!

Hi,

Nobody ever knows for sure how long it takes but from doing the meds in Januray/February we got our bond request through first week in March and then the Visa in the first week in April. So I guess you are about another 3-4 months away BUT the DIMIA are a curious bunch so who knows !

Good luck

Warren
We've sold don't you know !!

Old Aug 26th 2004, 6:21 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

It's a guessing game how long it will take, suffice to say you're close to the end and that's the easy bit.

You still have to come to the "end of your tether bit"

Good luck

Walla
Old Aug 26th 2004, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

Sherie is a jewel in the roughSherie is a jewel in the roughSherie is a jewel in the roughSherie is a jewel in the roughSherie is a jewel in the rough

The reason for asking is that I wasn't expecting the request to come through for some time as we only submitted our application at the end of July. If this is really the last hurdle then a small amount of mild panic will ensue :scared: .

Better start talking to the building society to arrange the bond.

We also got same message today from our agent and we are applying for 139 skilled sponsered visa.

I've put a message on the Aus Immigration Section cuz we only sent our applic off on the 29th July .....

people who've applied for skilled visas after July seem to be getting seen to very quickly and need to be aware that funds may be requested quickly ie. Aos or bond to support their application.
Old Aug 26th 2004, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Hi Ben and Pam

If it's any use they requested our PC's and meds July 1st and bond August 24th.

Lindsey