Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How clean do things have to be for shipping?

How clean do things have to be for shipping?

Old Oct 26th 2008, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

MANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really nice
Default How clean do things have to be for shipping?

We have loads of tools, some are quite rusty like spanners, etc. We want to keep them, but wonder whether each tool needs to have any rust taken off so we can ship them?

Any views or experience would be greatly received.
Old Oct 26th 2008, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How clean do things have to be for shipping?

I thought i had everything spotless, but they still stopped my

Golf Clubs
Golf Shoes
Christmas Decorations

I think that they stopped the clubs as they were worth around £2000 and they knew i would pay anything to get them back

All they did was swap the head covers around to make it look like they had been cleaned

Stu
Old Oct 26th 2008, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

MANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really nice

Thanks for the reply. Did you have to pay fumigation costs for that then?
Old Oct 26th 2008, 8:26 pm
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute

Scrub everything then paint it all with hammerite. I have read thats what other peeps have done and that does the trick.

Nic
Old Oct 26th 2008, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

maund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to all

what was wrong with your christmas decorations?
Old Oct 27th 2008, 11:52 am
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maund family
what was wrong with your christmas decorations?
You're not allowed anything with pine cones as they still contain the seeds.

Dunno about the rest of them tho'

Nic
Old Oct 28th 2008, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

I had my tent and mountain bike shipped. I washed the tyres down then hung the tent up and scrubbed the bottom of it.

No problems

I don't think customs actually checked. The bike was intensively bubblewrapped. it didn't look like anybody had paid any attention to it.