Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HOW CLEAN IS CLEAN?????

HOW CLEAN IS CLEAN?????

Old Feb 27th 2008, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

TheArbons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HOW CLEAN IS CLEAN?????

How clean does garden furniture have to be when shipped out. I know they are strict but is a spot of rust ok? I mean how clean is clean???
Old Feb 27th 2008, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

sprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nice
Default Re: HOW CLEAN IS CLEAN?????

Originally Posted by TheArbons
How clean does garden furniture have to be when shipped out. I know they are strict but is a spot of rust ok? I mean how clean is clean???
A couple of the firms who quoted for our shipment said that rust isn't an issue. I think they are looking for soil - which could be harbouring seed or insects.

Having said that, we are going to paint all the garden tools (hammerite) - that should make them look more presentable.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Nozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to all

Originally Posted by TheArbons
Our shippers advised us to spray everything that had been outside with Vircon S - it comes in sachets and you just mix it with water - we got it from a local pet/horse suppliers - apparently they use it to clean out stables etc. We brought with us golf clubs, garden tools, garden furniture, lawnmower etc. we cleaned and pressure washed everything first and then sprayed with Vircon S within 24 hours of it being packed in container, can't be sprayed before this. It was then noted on the shippers paperwork what we had used and none of our stuff got pulled.

Hope this helps.

Nat
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

TheArbons is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys that is so helpful. Hubbie wanted to take lawnmower but i wasn't so sure but you have reassured me slightly!! We have PSS and they will disenfect our stuff for an extra charge of £20, might get them to do it to make sure it's done properly!!!