Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How to change my dosh?

How to change my dosh?

Old Mar 20th 2006, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold
Default How to change my dosh?

Now that the exchange rate seems to be on the up we would like to change our money. The problem is that we dont have an Aus bank account. I've read on here that some of the exchange bureaus will give you an exchange rate then hold your money till you get to Aus, or something like that How long will they hold it for though? How do you go about doing it? Any advice would be really appreciated while the exchange rate is still at the 2.4 mark. I know this has been discussed lots in the past but I still cant get my head around it :scared:
Tracie
Old Mar 20th 2006, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: How to change my dosh?

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
Now that the exchange rate seems to be on the up we would like to change our money. The problem is that we dont have an Aus bank account. I've read on here that some of the exchange bureaus will give you an exchange rate then hold your money till you get to Aus, or something like that How long will they hold it for though? How do you go about doing it? Any advice would be really appreciated while the exchange rate is still at the 2.4 mark. I know this has been discussed lots in the past but I still cant get my head around it :scared:
Tracie
Anybody?
Old Mar 20th 2006, 9:36 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: How to change my dosh?

Anybody?
Do a search mate on the Oz forum - there are tons of old threads about exchanging money.

Try www.Ozforex.com

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Mar 20th 2006, 9:42 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Tracie
I could retype this here, but it's easier to point you in the right direction.
Here's a good post by Bix that links to some other good posts...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...45&postcount=2

Look for HIFX, Tranzfers and OzForex...
Old Mar 20th 2006, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by gedge
I could retype this here, but it's easier to point you in the right direction.
Here's a good post by Bix that links to some other good posts...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...45&postcount=2

Look for HIFX, Tranzfers and OzForex...
Cheers guys I'll have a look and try get my head around it
Old Mar 20th 2006, 10:14 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Cheers guys I'll have a look and try get my head around it
It probably depends on how much money. Someone like OzForex only deals with transactions over GBP5K I think. I've only used Tranzfers, they don't hold a rate for you, instead they hold your money till you see the rate you want to transfer at, or something like that.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 1:25 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Tracie
It's easy, You transfer all your money into my UK account, I transfer it to my Oz account at the prevailing exchange rate, then when you get here if your lucky I will transfer it to your new OZ account that you create when you get here! TaDa!! I'll do it for free so long as I can keep your money for a couple of weeks! Bargain..........
Old Mar 21st 2006, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Think I'll just follow the links above, thanks anyway Arkon
Old Mar 21st 2006, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Tracie
Just transfered with HIFX. Got a rate of 2.4111. They will now send me a bill for 10% of what I have bought. They then hold the complete amount for me until a prearranged date, for me 2nd May. Then I pay the remaining 90% and they release the funds into my Aus bank account. In this time, 2 months, my cash is sitting in a high interest bank in the UK.
They have also said if I don't want the money in may they will hold on to it until I am ready, possibly July at no cost to me.
Hope this is how it works as thats how the broker sold it to me.
PS. Please don't tell me you just got 2.5 :scared:
Old Mar 21st 2006, 6:52 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The S's
Just transfered with HIFX. Got a rate of 2.4111. They will now send me a bill for 10% of what I have bought. They then hold the complete amount for me until a prearranged date, for me 2nd May. Then I pay the remaining 90% and they release the funds into my Aus bank account. In this time, 2 months, my cash is sitting in a high interest bank in the UK.
They have also said if I don't want the money in may they will hold on to it until I am ready, possibly July at no cost to me.
ok i wont i got 2.6
Old Mar 21st 2006, 6:53 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
ok i wont i got 2.6

ok i got 2.428 and i`m chuffed
Old Mar 21st 2006, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

ok i got 2.428 and i`m chuffed
Thank god for that, nearly shite meself. :scared:

I did hold back a few quid as well, just in case
Old Mar 21st 2006, 7:03 pm
Worongary

Thank god for that, nearly shite meself. :scared:

I did hold back a few quid as well, just in case

just got to pay for it now :scared:
we sent a 10% deposit by chaps to lock the rate in
only 90% left to find

now where did i leave that bag of cash
from the warehouse
Old Mar 21st 2006, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

just got to pay for it now :scared:
we sent a 10% deposit by chaps to lock the rate in
only 90% left to find

now where did i leave that bag of cash
from the warehouse
I wondered why you got a better rate than me, I mean £54 million gets you so much further with these slimey brokers

PS who's this "chap" doing all your donkey work? Is he awfully nice?
Old Mar 21st 2006, 7:16 pm
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, it's called forward buying. You can keep on 'rolling it' for up to 2 years at no extra cost

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.