Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How can you prove that your company is ripping you off..

How can you prove that your company is ripping you off..

Old Sep 2nd 2008, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default How can you prove that your company is ripping you off..

My OH recently went to change his super at the bank, when the lady finished her calculation she said your company isnt paying you what you said, they are paying.

So how can we calculate the amount, he does have a contract to say he should get that amount that my OH said to the lady at the bank, is there anywhere we can check this, before & after super?
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

perthexpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How can you prove that your company is ripping you off..

As far as I am aware, the company should be paying a minimum of 9% of his salary....any lower than that then it can be challenged....
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

shoshana is a jewel in the roughshoshana is a jewel in the roughshoshana is a jewel in the roughshoshana is a jewel in the rough

Dont forget that they are quite often 1-4 months behind, ie just because it is deducted from your salary monthly it may only be paid to the super company every 3 months by your employer?

Last edited by shoshana; Sep 2nd 2008 at 2:32 pm.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 8:24 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shoshana
Dont forget that they are quite often 1-4 months behind, ie just because it is deducted from your salary monthly it may only be paid to the super company every 3 months by your employer?
Yup, we pay the Super funds every quarter... and it's a huge no no to get behind with it as well... we make sure we pay it all bang on time...
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 11:33 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
My OH recently went to change his super at the bank, when the lady finished her calculation she said your company isnt paying you what you said, they are paying.

So how can we calculate the amount, he does have a contract to say he should get that amount that my OH said to the lady at the bank, is there anywhere we can check this, before & after super?
You also need to check the contract about what is and what isn't included in the super. Basic pay is usually the only amount that is counted for the 9% there have been changes to the law about overtime and various other named payments of pay but you need to check these out with the contract terms of your super scheme.

I also think the chances are your super payments are being processed on normal timelines and that means as others have said it is delayed payment into the superfund after the deduction has been made from you and this is the normal legal process.

If it is his actual pay you are concerned about you may need to discuss with the payroll department the actual calculation process. It is not impossible that there is a mix up between the contract details your husband has and the one the payroll department are operating so that would be the first place I would check and not assume that this is a planned rip off.

If you need more information I can help a little via pm on calculation examples if you wish to let me know the exact details of the pay dispute, but I am not a legal resource and you may need to engage the services of an accountant or lawyer if you really believe you are being ripped off on purpose.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandra
You also need to check the contract about what is and what isn't included in the super. Basic pay is usually the only amount that is counted for the 9% there have been changes to the law about overtime and various other named payments of pay but you need to check these out with the contract terms of your super scheme.

I also think the chances are your super payments are being processed on normal timelines and that means as others have said it is delayed payment into the superfund after the deduction has been made from you and this is the normal legal process.

If it is his actual pay you are concerned about you may need to discuss with the payroll department the actual calculation process. It is not impossible that there is a mix up between the contract details your husband has and the one the payroll department are operating so that would be the first place I would check and not assume that this is a planned rip off.

If you need more information I can help a little via pm on calculation examples if you wish to let me know the exact details of the pay dispute, but I am not a legal resource and you may need to engage the services of an accountant or lawyer if you really believe you are being ripped off on purpose.
Thank you Sandra, Chris has just send you a PM, hope you can help.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
Thank you Sandra, Chris has just send you a PM, hope you can help.

Many thanks to all your replies, we have taken Sandra offer to see if she can help us, before we might have to take the next step.