Reload this Page >

How can we emigrate????????????

How can we emigrate????????????

Old Mar 10th 2005, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

jrobert is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How can we emigrate????????????

Hi,

Can anyone please assist me and my girlfriend on how we can obtain citizenship in Australia?

We both see Australia as a new challenge in life as well as offering us a great potential in our careers.

We are aged 23 & 21 I am qualified to HNC (Higher National Certificate) level in Business & Management and my girlfriend is qualified at BTEC National Diploma level in Child care. I currently work for the NHS in an accounts office and my girlfriend also works for the NHS as a community nursery nurse.

We'd like to know what kind of visa's we are eligable for?
Old Mar 10th 2005, 4:43 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How can we emigrate????????????

Originally Posted by jrobert
Hi,

Can anyone please assist me and my girlfriend on how we can obtain citizenship in Australia?

We both see Australia as a new challenge in life as well as offering us a great potential in our careers.

We are aged 23 & 21 I am qualified to HNC (Higher National Certificate) level in Business & Management and my girlfriend is qualified at BTEC National Diploma level in Child care. I currently work for the NHS in an accounts office and my girlfriend also works for the NHS as a community nursery nurse.

Go to the DIMIA site: http://www.immi.gov.au/ and read about migrating. Download Booklet 6 and read every which way.

Contact a reputable migration agent and they will give you first phone consultation free and will be able to tell you if you have a chance.

Try Go Matilda.

Read and search both this forum and the immigration forum.

All the best and good luck.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 4:47 pm

hayleyhails is a jewel in the roughhayleyhails is a jewel in the roughhayleyhails is a jewel in the roughhayleyhails is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Go to the DIMIA site: http://www.immi.gov.au/ and read about migrating. Download Booklet 6 and read every which way.

Contact a reputable migration agent and they will give you first phone consultation free and will be able to tell you if you have a chance.

Try Go Matilda.

Read and search both this forum and the immigration forum.

All the best and good luck.
Theres lots of red tape so get started and make sure you have jobs at the top of the points list, get your experience too!! I'd say aim for jobs at 40+ points. 60 points needs 12 onths experience, 40 points needs 2-3 years so chaeck this out before getting in touch with an agent. Age wise your on top marks. I'm 23 and want to go, but having a 40 point job means i need 2-3 years exp, i've only got 16 or so!!!
Old Mar 10th 2005, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

pazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jrobert
Hi,

Hi, i,m in exactly the same boat as yourselves. My wife and i are both working, i'm a bricklayer, she looks after handicapped kids. I've been on the internet, doing the points system and also passed the interview they do on the net. The next step is to pay them $299 for them to take you through the formalities.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

zoe100 will become famous soon enoughzoe100 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by hayleyhails
Theres lots of red tape so get started and make sure you have jobs at the top of the points list, get your experience too!! I'd say aim for jobs at 40+ points. 60 points needs 12 onths experience, 40 points needs 2-3 years so chaeck this out before getting in touch with an agent. Age wise your on top marks. I'm 23 and want to go, but having a 40 point job means i need 2-3 years exp, i've only got 16 or so!!!

there are only three point groups available (40, 50 and 60 points) so 40 is the lowest. if you go for one of these you will have to have some relatives in oz who are able to sponsor you in order to bump up your points. the easiest way to have enough points (120 for permanent visa or 110 for a skilled independant regional visa which lasts for 3 - i think - years and maybe then made perm) is to have an occupation on the skilled list that is worth 60points. to get 60 points isnt dependant only on the length of your service - you must also have a relevant degree/trade qualifications. for a 50 point job you may also have to have a degree/similar.

train to be hairdresser - they are crying out for them!!!!
Old Mar 10th 2005, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

pazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to all

hi hayley, could you tell me where's the best place in oz for brickies to live, and schools for our two kids aged six and nine ?My wife and i are hoping to move out there maybes next year.....cheers
Old Mar 10th 2005, 5:26 pm

hayleyhails is a jewel in the roughhayleyhails is a jewel in the roughhayleyhails is a jewel in the roughhayleyhails is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by pazza
Hi, i,m in exactly the same boat as yourselves. My wife and i are both working, i'm a bricklayer, she looks after handicapped kids. I've been on the internet, doing the points system and also passed the interview they do on the net. The next step is to pay them $299 for them to take you through the formalities.

i hope youn don't mean using an agent!! Do it oyurself they rip you off!! just follow advice on the forms, get your medical dne and any trade/job related testing you need, save yourself the $299 it will come in handy for a large BBQ and your first load of BBQ food and beers when you get to Auz
Old Mar 10th 2005, 5:33 pm

hi hayley, could you tell me where's the best place in oz for brickies to live, and schools for our two kids aged six and nine ?My wife and i are hoping to move out there maybes next year.....cheers

i've only visited sydney but i've been doing my research!! Sydney is great, the education system in Auz is generally of a higher standard than here in the uk so schooling for the kids should not be a problem wherever u go. The kids will ove sydney, there's heaps to do and i've been advised that the only real rival to here is melbourne, although sydneysiders wuold not agree!!!
The eastern suburbs are great and offer the better pricedc housing. Matraville, Maroubra, Radwick and coogee are all great with all the ameneties a family would need, loads of schools, resteraunts, shops etc... Also visited a place called Cronulla where housing is very reasonable as it's still up and coming, the beach here is amazing. I will try to put a piccie of it on gallery here( still having probs uploading!)

I think as a brickie you will find work wherever you choose to go. Development is big business at the momnet and i should imagine construction jobs are not too difficult to come by.

Good luck any more Q's let me know.

Hope this helps
Old Mar 10th 2005, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

Talking Re: How can we emigrate????????????

i hope youn don't mean using an agent!! Do it oyurself they rip you off!! just follow advice on the forms, get your medical dne and any trade/job related testing you need, save yourself the $299 it will come in handy for a large BBQ and your first load of BBQ food and beers when you get to Auz
thanks !! I'll keep a nice burger for ye.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

i've only visited sydney but i've been doing my research!! Sydney is great, the education system in Auz is generally of a higher standard than here in the uk so schooling for the kids should not be a problem wherever u go. The kids will ove sydney, there's heaps to do and i've been advised that the only real rival to here is melbourne, although sydneysiders wuold not agree!!!
The eastern suburbs are great and offer the better pricedc housing. Matraville, Maroubra, Radwick and coogee are all great with all the ameneties a family would need, loads of schools, resteraunts, shops etc... Also visited a place called Cronulla where housing is very reasonable as it's still up and coming, the beach here is amazing. I will try to put a piccie of it on gallery here( still having probs uploading!)

I think as a brickie you will find work wherever you choose to go. Development is big business at the momnet and i should imagine construction jobs are not too difficult to come by.

Good luck any more Q's let me know.

Hope this helps
We've been looking at estate agents on the net to see what price range the houses are going for. But theres not a lot of choice for Brisbane, or we've never seen them. How much do 3 to 4 bedroomed homes go for, ? preferably newer homes. we'd preferably like to be on the east coast.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 6:12 pm

We've been looking at estate agents on the net to see what price range the houses are going for. But theres not a lot of choice for Brisbane, or we've never seen them. How much do 3 to 4 bedroomed homes go for, ? preferably newer homes. we'd preferably like to be on the east coast.

there are some rental prices on my thread for cost of living on page 2 here, if u reply to anyone with location as brisbane i'm sure they will b able to help.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

there are some rental prices on my thread for cost of living on page 2 here, if u reply to anyone with location as brisbane i'm sure they will b able to help.
Thanks very much for the info, this is first time i've used this method of communication and you've been really helpful, we can't wait until the ball starts rolling, sooner rather than later, as the prices to buy will keep increasing..................THANKS AGAIN.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 7:26 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

the education system in Auz is generally of a higher standard than here in the uk so schooling for the kids should not be a problem wherever u go.

I think a lot of people may not agree with that statement.

G
Old Mar 10th 2005, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by Grayling
I think a lot of people may not agree with that statement.

G
well i would beg to differ! i did say generally. I think Auz offers a better standard of most things including education, but that is my opinion and you are entitled to yours
Old Mar 10th 2005, 7:34 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

well i would beg to differ! i did say generally. I think Auz offers a better standard of most things including education, but that is my opinion and you are entitled to yours
.......And the streets are paved with gold

G

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.