Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How bad are the flies/mozzies

How bad are the flies/mozzies

Old Jul 3rd 2008, 8:07 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How bad are the flies/mozzies

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I wonder what Freo is like for mozzies?
Your water (sea and river) is fairly fast moving so shouldn't be too bad. The Doctor should help too. Just make sure there is nothing in the garden that is holding water like the bark of a tree.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
Mozzies do bite occassionally but Aerogard, Bushman spray etc is effective. .
Occassionally?!!! God, I've been 8 years and I've built up no ruddy resistance, they still feast on me on a daily basis in the summer It's annoying but I wouldn't be a deal breaker if I was moving over.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 1:10 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Visited Perth (Roleystone!) last October. Flies where a nightmare!!!! :curse:
Not sure if that was cos we were up in the hills but it almost put me off.
Thoses hats with the corks on were a fantastic buy. Even if they were only to sit in the ruddy garden!

Avon soft & fresh dry oil spray is recommended to keep the mozzies away too!
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 1:21 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Thoses hats with the corks on were a fantastic buy.
Until you nearly take an eye out when you turn your head quickly
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 1:25 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by worzel
Until you nearly take an eye out when you turn your head quickly
How True!
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 1:43 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder what Freo is like for mozzies?
They'd be more bohemian that their Perth cousins
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 1:48 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
They'd be more bohemian that their Perth cousins
And they would spend sunday afternoons at Freo market watching the street entertainers. They would be far too chilled out to bite anyone and if they did, they would quickly whip out a home remedy to stop the itching. And they would go to yoga as well.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 1:52 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

And they would go to yoga as well.
Yeah. But it tangles their dreadys something terrible
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 1:54 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

i have a large plastic bag i wear,its perfect keeps em off..

there not that bad,once you have swallowed a few ,you dont even notice em...

i have a pet fly called erroll,he flew off and i thought he had left me forever,but he came back with his family,there all great lots of little erolls ,they sit on my shoulders whilst i eat my tea and then they lick my plate clean...

enjoy the flies ,there gods creatures you know...
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 1:54 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by stu and dawn
I've seen a few posts mentioning them. Just wondering how bad it gets with them? Are some states or cities worse for them or is it an Australia-wide problem?
They are really bad in summer in Perth. Flies and Mozzies. Pain they are.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 1:58 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs

Yeah. But it tangles their dreadys something terrible
Some of my mozzies have all the latest designer stuff and have their genitals waxed as well.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 3:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by aston man

i have a pet fly called erroll,he flew off and i thought he had left me forever,but he came back with his family,there all great lots of little erolls ,they sit on my shoulders whilst i eat my tea and then they lick my plate clean...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Glad to see oz hasent changed you,
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

lastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nice

Originally Posted by aston man

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
bullshit. pests are a third world society mark. on a melbourne thread someone said 'you know it's not backwater, it's international and you should expect to pay rents accordingly'. if you have flies getting in your mouth and dengue fever from mosquitoes, it's not 'international' and it shows the government doesn't give a shit and maybe, just maybe, people's indolence.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 10:44 pm
Just Joined

stu and dawn is an unknown quantity at this point

So, if you have a pool in your garden does that attract lots of mozzies or do the chemicals/chlorine in the water repel them?

I haven't got the hang of that quoting thing you all do but re: March flies and Xmas beetles are they a Queensland thing? They sound horrendous.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 10:49 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by lastere
bullshit. pests are a third world society mark. on a melbourne thread someone said 'you know it's not backwater, it's international and you should expect to pay rents accordingly'. if you have flies getting in your mouth and dengue fever from mosquitoes, it's not 'international' and it shows the government doesn't give a shit and maybe, just maybe, people's indolence.
Yeah! Maybe Krudd should Napalm the feckers!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.