Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How to add my girlfriend to visa?

How to add my girlfriend to visa?

Old Apr 15th 2006, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

Conrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of light
Default How to add my girlfriend to visa?

Hi everyone

in january I applied for a visa, subclass 136, but I didn't add my girlfriend, we are not married, and we don't live together, so no "de facto" relationship on paper, no bank account, no own house, nothing, I'm in the UK, she is in China;
I think if I had a visa, I can marry her and she could immigrate with me on spouse visa, but I don't know requirements, DIMIA website hasn't info about requirements for sponsor, only must be resident or citizen;
maybe soemone knows more about it, I am sure I need to have permament job, some savings, but I can guess -own house or flat? no bank loans? savings - how much? how long must I be resident in Oz -couple of monts is enough ot years?
can anyone advise me?
and how long did you wait for medical request from DIMIA after ackowledgment? and where can I get PCC? from any police station? who issues it? Ive been waiting for 2 months and still didnt get any message from DIMIA( only they got my papers, and card charged); is it normal?
Old Apr 15th 2006, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to add my girlfriend to visa?

You would be better off posting this in the Immigration forum, you will get a better response.

Jo
Old Apr 17th 2006, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

peast01 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How to add my girlfriend to visa?

Originally Posted by Conrad242
Hi everyone

in january I applied for a visa, subclass 136, but I didn't add my girlfriend, we are not married, and we don't live together, so no "de facto" relationship on paper, no bank account, no own house, nothing, I'm in the UK, she is in China;
I think if I had a visa, I can marry her and she could immigrate with me on spouse visa, but I don't know requirements, DIMIA website hasn't info about requirements for sponsor, only must be resident or citizen;
maybe soemone knows more about it, I am sure I need to have permament job, some savings, but I can guess -own house or flat? no bank loans? savings - how much? how long must I be resident in Oz -couple of monts is enough ot years?
can anyone advise me?
and how long did you wait for medical request from DIMIA after ackowledgment? and where can I get PCC? from any police station? who issues it? Ive been waiting for 2 months and still didnt get any message from DIMIA( only they got my papers, and card charged); is it normal?

Hi

Ive just completed the whole process and received my visa last week. I had the same problems with my girlfriend because even though we live together we own a second home so we have one in her name and one in mine. (helps with the single occupancy on council tax and other allowances) which means we had no joint bills. We could of probably got her on my visa but it seemed like a lot of hard work so what we are doing is she is going on a 12 month tourist visa which you can now extend to 2 years then once the 2 years is up i will get her put onto mine as we will have plenty of joint bills.
I found with my medicals that as soon as i had the acknowledgement i got my medicals booked and done out of the way, the same also with the police checks so it was one less thing to worry about. i dont know if this speeded up the process but i got my visa within 4 months.

Good luck with the rest of your application