Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how about a new Sydney meet.

how about a new Sydney meet.

Old Aug 30th 2004, 8:40 am
Just Joined

Tim & Jan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: how about a new Sydney meet.

Hello All,

We arrived here last Wednesday on a 4yr working visa so would love to come along…

We travel in and out of Aus quite frequently to Asia Pacific countries, but will hopefully be around. We’ve put the date of 26th September in our diaries.

J & T

Originally Posted by soapy
Hi everyone in Sydney and the other about to arrive. How about we arrange another meet to welcome all the new people.
Let see who can come up with a date. the last place we met was great.
so lets start playing with date to see who can make it.

soapy
Old Aug 30th 2004, 10:31 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsordave
Hi guys !

Can I come ?

Thankyou
Dave
you more than welcome dave. we look forward to seeing you
Old Aug 30th 2004, 10:32 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

[/QUOTE]

Hello
We are a couple (F30, M34) with no kids so it sounds like it will be a nice mix.
Should be great.
Modena [/QUOTE]
well, it should just be perfect for u both
Old Aug 30th 2004, 10:35 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Tim & Jan
Hello All,

We arrived here last Wednesday on a 4yr working visa so would love to come along…

We travel in and out of Aus quite frequently to Asia Pacific countries, but will hopefully be around. We’ve put the date of 26th September in our diaries.

J & T
hi tim and jan, you are on the same visa as us. the meet is a great thing. we found out a lot in just a few hours.
if everyone who wants to make it can. it will be a great day. just like the last.
Old Aug 30th 2004, 9:30 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Right the list is starting to look healthy.

soapy
suzysus partner
Debbie jo
Rumbletum
Macquarie
john howard
modena
pphillips
barry&carol
sunnysyd
windsordave
tim & jan

theres a few who were at the last meet who are not on the list yet. they might not have seen the thread. so the list should get longer
Old Aug 31st 2004, 12:37 am
BE Enthusiast

SuzeM is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya
I was at the last meet with the kids and really enjoyed the day, however the 26th isn't good for us my youngest is still in the middle of soccer comps which will take us to some far flung corner of NSW on that day. Hope to be able to get to the one after that, assuming there is another!
Sue
Old Aug 31st 2004, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

rumbletum will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by SueandIan
Hiya
I was at the last meet with the kids and really enjoyed the day, however the 26th isn't good for us my youngest is still in the middle of soccer comps which will take us to some far flung corner of NSW on that day. Hope to be able to get to the one after that, assuming there is another!
Sue

Sorry you will miss it Sue... still it will be good to meet Ian at the next one. PS: good luck to Joe in the soccer
Old Aug 31st 2004, 10:36 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by SueandIan
Hiya
Sue
aw Sue thats a shame. we were really looking forward to seeing you again. i didnt really get a chance to get a good natter with u and was hoping to this time. oh well , we will just need to wait till the next one. there will be one !!!

soapy
Old Aug 31st 2004, 11:03 am
Living the dream downunde

Location: MeadowBank, Sydney, Aussie Land of Sea,Sun and Seashells
rapitts is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Hi Soapy........

I was wondering how I get invited to a Sydney meeting when she didnt even mentioned it to me (SuzySu)!!!!!

I would come but it is more of a couple/family thing these meetings which I arent yet so maybe next time !!!!

Ron in Sunny Sydney !!!!!!!!!!

Also why dont you to Brandleys Head, a much better place !!!
Old Aug 31st 2004, 11:25 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by rapitts
Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Hi Soapy........

I was wondering how I get invited to a Sydney meeting when she didnt even mentioned it to me (SuzySu)!!!!!

I would come but it is more of a couple/family thing these meetings which I arent yet so maybe next time !!!!

Ron in Sunny Sydney !!!!!!!!!!

Also why dont you to Brandleys Head, a much better place !!!
oops sorry ron. blame suzysu lol
so far its just been couples and families. the idea is to make the meet as big as possible and to introduce new people to others who have been here a while. a lot of people have been here for ages , but have been that busy setting up a new life they havent had a chance to meet others. its still a great day out whether your single, married or whatever.
some people travelled for over 2 hours to get to the last meet and it wasnt just to meet up. it was also to let others know that we are not alone in this big quest for a new life. the bonus is, u might make some great pals from the day. we did and are really eager to do it again.
if one person can be as lucky as us and make good friends the way we did from the last meet. then its worth it !!!!!!
you should try it, u might even enjoy it
soapy
Old Aug 31st 2004, 11:55 am

Debbie Jo has a spectacular aura aboutDebbie Jo has a spectacular aura aboutDebbie Jo has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by soapy
oops sorry ron. blame suzysu lol
so far its just been couples and families. the idea is to make the meet as big as possible and to introduce new people to others who have been here a while. a lot of people have been here for ages , but have been that busy setting up a new life they havent had a chance to meet others. its still a great day out whether your single, married or whatever.
some people travelled for over 2 hours to get to the last meet and it wasnt just to meet up. it was also to let others know that we are not alone in this big quest for a new life. the bonus is, u might make some great pals from the day. we did and are really eager to do it again.
if one person can be as lucky as us and make good friends the way we did from the last meet. then its worth it !!!!!!
you should try it, u might even enjoy it
soapy
Hi All
Really sorry but the 26th is not good for me as that is the day i pick my parents up from the airport. First time we have seen them since we moved 2 years ago. I hope we can make the next meet the last one was great and the people were all very nice. So to all of you who are thinking about going, do it, you will have a good day and i promise you will meet some lovely people.
Have a great day.
Debbie Jo
Old Aug 31st 2004, 3:15 pm
Gary / Terri

Gary / Terri is on a distinguished road

Soapy
arrived 8 weeks ago we are up for a meet just let us know
Gary and Terri
Old Aug 31st 2004, 10:42 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Debbie Jo
Hi All
Really sorry but the 26th is not good for me as that is the day i pick my parents up from the airport. First time we have seen them since we moved 2 years ago. I hope we can make the next meet the last one was great and the people were all very nice. So to all of you who are thinking about going, do it, you will have a good day and i promise you will meet some lovely people.
Have a great day.
Debbie Jo
oh no not u too
well i hope u have a great time with your parents. after a 2 year wait it should be great. we look forwared to the next meeting when we will see u again debbie jo.

soapy
Old Aug 31st 2004, 10:45 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Gary / Terri
Soapy
arrived 8 weeks ago we are up for a meet just let us know
Gary and Terri
great !
so far it looks as if the date is the 26th of sept. there is still a high attendance.
it will be nice to meet u.
soapy
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 10:06 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by rumbletum
Sorry you will miss it Sue... still it will be good to meet Ian at the next one. PS: good luck to Joe in the soccer
what time are u arriving on sunday?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.