Reload this Page >

housing options on moving to australia

housing options on moving to australia

Old Jul 17th 2009, 7:20 pm
Just Joined

aussiepr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default housing options on moving to australia

Hi Folks,

I am planning to move to Aus and one thing that bother me most is the accommodation part related to the move. Where are we going to put up in the initial days. I am under the impression(after researching it on the forums) that i cant rent a property before i move to Australia.

If that is so, what are the options available to me.

I can think of homestay for 1 or two weeks. What else?
Also, can anyone let me know a homestay placement agency.

I do not want to overshoot my budget of 400 dollars(max) per week for initial accommodation.

Thanks
Aussiepr
Old Jul 17th 2009, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Satch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to all
Default Re: housing options on moving to australia

This is the one I have heard recommended numerous times. http://www.stayz.com.au/
Old Jul 18th 2009, 4:45 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by aussiepr

I do not want to overshoot my budget of 400 dollars(max) per week for initial accommodation.

Thanks
Aussiepr
$400 per week, for initial furnished short term accommodation may be difficult to find.

Is this for a family or a single person ? Also what area ?

Old Jul 18th 2009, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

nevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nice

$400 a week wont get you much in a decent area around south Brisbane if your planning on a 3/4 bed house.

I managed to secure a property for rent in oz before I left but it took me to have my sister in law on the ground to fax me the forms and to pay the deposit etc you will need copies of your passport proof of income etc and references before they will consider your application.

Best of luck.
Old Jul 18th 2009, 5:35 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

You need to tell people where you intend moving to and once that's been established then maybe people can give you more meaningful advice

An option is to arrange to stay in a motel for a week or two as generally they are cheaper than a hotel and whilst there you can start looking around for rented accommodation. As one poster mentioned you generally need various documents and a deposit before you find anything.

Here's a link to help for now http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...=bhp&t=ren&cu=

It's a daunting time however loads have done it so it's do-able. Good luck in finding something

Last edited by sonlymewalter; Jul 18th 2009 at 5:37 am.
Old Jul 18th 2009, 6:45 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
$400 per week, for initial furnished short term accommodation may be difficult to find.

Is this for a family or a single person ? Also what area ?
Well its for two persons, me and my wife. So maybe we don't need a big house to start with. A apartment or a two room set should suffice.

And I intend to move to Brisbane.

Last edited by aussiepr; Jul 18th 2009 at 6:48 am.
Old Jul 18th 2009, 7:03 am
ABCDiamond

Cleveland Terrace Resort, 52 Island Street, 1 hour east from Brisbane CBD, by Train, have some furnished 2 bedroom rentals from $365 pw, but not short term. I think that may apply for 2 or 3 months.
That used to be one of the cheaper ones, for furnished.

But their normal short term rate is about $700 pw.

Old Jul 18th 2009, 7:41 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Cleveland Terrace Resort, 52 Island Street, 1 hour east from Brisbane CBD, by Train, have some furnished 2 bedroom rentals from $365 pw, but not short term. I think that may apply for 2 or 3 months.
That used to be one of the cheaper ones, for furnished.

But their normal short term rate is about $700 pw.
Thanks ABCDiamond. It was helpful. Well do you know of some place like this in melbourne also?