Housing Market

Old Jan 14th 2007, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Leevan has a spectacular aura aboutLeevan has a spectacular aura aboutLeevan has a spectacular aura about
Default Housing Market

Hi , IS IT ONLY ME OR IS ANYONE ELSE STRUGGLING TO SELL.
Got visas but can't go till we have sold. Itching to go .
Old Jan 14th 2007, 6:27 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Housing Market

Originally Posted by Leevan
Hi , IS IT ONLY ME OR IS ANYONE ELSE STRUGGLING TO SELL.
Got visas but can't go till we have sold. Itching to go .
Speak to Possoms...she had an absolute 'mare of a time! Success at the end though!
Old Jan 14th 2007, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Hi there, we are in the same boat but have had an offer on our property just before Christmas. The only thing is that they have a property to sell and I spoke to the estate agents on Friday and they said that their house was overpriced by £15000:scared: I said that I was surprised that they let them market it so much over. We have to validate by 23rd of June and we were hoping to leave for good in May so if the sale does not go through we will have to book to go at the end of May for a 3 week holiday
Good luck with the house.
Old Jan 14th 2007, 7:26 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grahampaula
Hi there, we are in the same boat but have had an offer on our property just before Christmas. The only thing is that they have a property to sell and I spoke to the estate agents on Friday and they said that their house was overpriced by £15000:scared: I said that I was surprised that they let them market it so much over. We have to validate by 23rd of June and we were hoping to leave for good in May so if the sale does not go through we will have to book to go at the end of May for a 3 week holiday
One word of warning! Don't let anyone involved know that you are Oz-bound or they will try to rip you off at the last second.
Old Jan 14th 2007, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by busterboy
One word of warning! Don't let anyone involved know that you are Oz-bound or they will try to rip you off at the last second.
Thanks for that we will bare that in mind.
Old Jan 14th 2007, 7:36 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

ESPECIALLY not the Estate Agents!!
Old Jan 14th 2007, 7:44 pm
Where's the factor 30.

Mid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of light

Good advice.My mate was badly let down at the last minute and had to delay coming over here for a few months waiting for another buyer.
I told my estate agent I didnt have to buy here (so no chain my end) but I didnt mention Ozz.
Old Jan 14th 2007, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond repute

This will of course mean that they will have to drop their price by more than £15K to sell it and come back to you to say they want yours to drop by the same at least.

What with interest rates up again this week I would personally take a view on what price I could tolerate accepting just to get rid. It's not what the house up the road went for a few months back its what a buyer will pay today.Without wanting to add to the scary nature of all this I get the feeling that the market is on the edge though that's a personal opinion.
Old Jan 14th 2007, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

If I were you I would keep your house on the market & keep taking viewings & offers. Say that you will take it off the market & commit to them as soon as they have a solid offer themselves and they are ready to get things sorted.

We accepted a supposedly solid offer, which turned out not to be, it dragged out for months (when they'd talked about 'weeks'). I wish we'd kept the house on the market and perhaps we could have done things faster.
Old Jan 14th 2007, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Leevan has a spectacular aura aboutLeevan has a spectacular aura aboutLeevan has a spectacular aura about

Why not tell Estate Agent?:scared:
Old Jan 14th 2007, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by esperanza
If I were you I would keep your house on the market & keep taking viewings & offers. Say that you will take it off the market & commit to them as soon as they have a solid offer themselves and they are ready to get things sorted.

We accepted a supposedly solid offer, which turned out not to be, it dragged out for months (when they'd talked about 'weeks'). I wish we'd kept the house on the market and perhaps we could have done things faster.
Our estate agents have advised our buyers that our property is still fully available due to their situation so hopefully we might get some more viewings.
Old Jan 14th 2007, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Why not tell Estate Agent?:scared:
Because they're all ba$tards!!
Chances are it will get back to buyers somehow - even if it's a quiet "I think they might be open to an offer" type hint.
Best to stay on the safe side and keep your cards very close to your chest.
Old Jan 14th 2007, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

OK Thanks , but its to late. Should have kept my big mouth shut
Old Jan 14th 2007, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by wheatsheaf42
This will of course mean that they will have to drop their price by more than £15K to sell it and come back to you to say they want yours to drop by the same at least.

What with interest rates up again this week I would personally take a view on what price I could tolerate accepting just to get rid. It's not what the house up the road went for a few months back its what a buyer will pay today.Without wanting to add to the scary nature of all this I get the feeling that the market is on the edge though that's a personal opinion.
We will have to seriously consider this and expect them to come back and lower their offer but our house in on the market for £30k more than two others on our road and the buyers have been to see all three, so hopefully they will hold out for ours.
Old Jan 14th 2007, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

OK Thanks , but its to late. Should have kept my big mouth shut
It might be worth making it very clear to your agents that you do not wish the information to be passed on to prospective buyers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.