Housing investment on the rise. Jan 2005

Old Jan 18th 2005, 5:29 am
ABCDiamond

Default Housing investment on the rise. Jan 2005

An interesting article here:
Housing investment on the rise.
http://www.theage.com.au/news/Nation...810843737.html

some snippets of the January 18, 2005 article here:

"After the easing in prices, more investors and first home buyers are returning to the market.

The value of lending to housing investors rebounded by 8 per cent in November to $5.6 billion, more than reversing a 6 per cent slump in October.

Owner-occupiers are also returning to the market. Their borrowings grew by 4.2 per cent during the month to $7.9 billion

Victorians are also still pumping their money into property, with the number of loans issued during the month up 2.2 per cent to 11,733, compared with growth of 1.4 per cent in NSW and 3.4 per cent in Queensland.

While the buying and selling of existing homes is capturing most of the property market attention, it's the building of new homes that grows the economy," Mr Tennent said. "New housing activity is down nearly 25 per cent on 12 months ago

Old Jan 18th 2005, 5:49 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Housing investment on the rise. Jan 2005

Up go the rates.
Old Jan 18th 2005, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

GCS15 will become famous soon enough

I am looking forward to Real Estate increasing. As the saying goes "the bigger the boom the bigger the bust"

When a Nurse or a teacher can not afford a property the market is out of whack (unless you are going to teach the kids)
Old Jan 18th 2005, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by GCS15
I am looking forward to Real Estate increasing. As the saying goes "the bigger the boom the bigger the bust"

When a Nurse or a teacher can not afford a property the market is out of whack (unless you are going to teach the kids)

And how are today's kids gonna be able to afford a house when it's their time to settle down, along with today's frustrated First time buyers? ...

If wages aint going to increase to 6 figure sums, then what else...Hmmm, me wonders.

Crazy
Old Jan 18th 2005, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future

Yep, I'm a Bear.