Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Housing bubble in Australia

Housing bubble in Australia

Old Feb 6th 2010, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Housing bubble in Australia

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
there are alot of these properties paid for in cash.
Do you mean bought outright without a mortgage? Are there any published stats? Ta...
Old Feb 6th 2010, 6:52 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndieG
Do you mean bought outright without a mortgage?

Are there any published stats? Ta...
I did say with cash

published? no based on personal observations and intentions
Old Feb 6th 2010, 7:00 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
There are no stats involved in a specific question to confirm if I still agree with something that you can't say what it actually was... Hence the inability to say with absolute certainty if my opinion on some unknown specific has changed or not.

It was interesting to see that your reply was basically copying my reply to you earlier, and then saying

You do realise that I had asked you to quote what I said, followed by you copying that and asking me to quote what I said you said, before you talked about me using your replies in reply to you...
Hello Sir Humphrey
Old Feb 6th 2010, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
I did say with cash

published? no based on personal observations and intentions
The reason I ask is because I've seen "cash" investors in Dubai who were in reality simply speculators who only paid the booking/initial deposit in cash.

Not surprising then that they burnt their arms badly when it all went belly up!
Old Feb 6th 2010, 8:43 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

The reason I ask is because I've seen "cash" investors in Dubai who were in reality simply speculators who only paid the booking/initial deposit in cash.

Not surprising then that they burnt their arms badly when it all went belly up!
my reference is to family homes not dockland apartments.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 8:46 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Hello Sir Humphrey
I felt a bit like that as I was typing

Old Feb 6th 2010, 8:49 am
ABCDiamond

Do you mean bought outright without a mortgage? Are there any published stats? Ta...
NSW Residential properties
48% Mortgaged
52% Fully owned

QLD Residential properties
52% Mortgaged
48% Fully owned

But those are current totals.

I am sure there are figures for numbers of monthly mortgages, and monthly property sales somewhere.

Old Feb 6th 2010, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

pomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond repute

But how much did it rise in the weeks before that ?

But what if it doesn't ?
The US/Aussie stock market has rallied 60% (approx) from it's lows, the bounce is now over and we'll resume the downward trend in the coming months. This is what happened in 1929, The Wall Street Crash, market recovered 57% and then ............ dumped. We are entering a prolonged world depression unfortunately, as much as I hate the thought of this occuring, it's happenening and now unavoidable.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 7:15 am
Banned

swigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to all

Originally Posted by pomtastic
The US/Aussie stock market has rallied 60% (approx) from it's lows, the bounce is now over and we'll resume the downward trend in the coming months. This is what happened in 1929, The Wall Street Crash, market recovered 57% and then ............ dumped. We are entering a prolonged world depression unfortunately, as much as I hate the thought of this occuring, it's happenening and now unavoidable.
Except in Australia
Old Feb 7th 2010, 7:18 am
Banned

swigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to all

I felt a bit like that as I was typing
It's apparent that without stats you don't make much sense
Old Feb 7th 2010, 7:19 am
Banned

48% Mortgaged
52% Fully owned

52% Mortgaged
48% Fully owned

I am sure there are figures for numbers of monthly mortgages, and monthly property sales somewhere.
And I'm sure you will find them
Old Feb 7th 2010, 7:43 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by swigski
It's apparent that without stats you don't make much sense
You don't read many of my posts do you

Old Feb 7th 2010, 8:14 am
Banned

You don't read many of my posts do you
Yes, I do!

99% of them contain purely statistics which DO make sense with not much personal comment from yourself.

Without stats....... it's plain for all to see!

Last edited by swigski; Feb 7th 2010 at 8:16 am. Reason: l
Old Feb 7th 2010, 8:23 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by swigski
Yes, I do!

99% of them contain purely statistics which DO make sense with not much personal comment from yourself.

Without stats....... it's plain for all to see!
In that case, I repeat "You don't read many of my posts do you"

Old Feb 7th 2010, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

pomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond repute

48% Mortgaged
52% Fully owned

52% Mortgaged
48% Fully owned

Here's some mortgage stats.... 'Mortgage Stress in Australia'

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article16958.html
Attached Thumbnails Housing bubble in Australia-housing2-4.png  

Last edited by pomtastic; Feb 7th 2010 at 9:26 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.