Wikiposts

Houses - NZ

Old Aug 27th 2003, 12:54 am
NZ In Jan (Please!)

sandypandy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Houses - NZ

Can anyone tell me whether it is a good idea to take our wardrobes to NZ? Very good looking guy from Anglo Pacific says most houses over there have built in wardrobes so ours will be redundant. Is he right. (He did try and give me more good advice but I was to busy drooling and I don't remember much else - other than that he was married )

Sandra
Old Aug 27th 2003, 1:15 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

I had heard the same that wardrobes arent required, it was a post on this forum a while ago. I dont think we will be taking much anyway I dont think most of the Ikea furniture will survive shipping lol just taking a few pieces and the photos
Sky
Old Aug 27th 2003, 2:39 am
NZ In Jan (Please!)

Hi Sky
One of our wardrobes is from Ikea as well - it's like a national disease "Ikeaitis", perhaps we should all be vaccinated against it!!
Hopefully we are off to Christchurch in Jan 04 so we may see you there

Sandra
Old Aug 27th 2003, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

Ben.M is an unknown quantity at this point

we are off to Christchurch...
Sounds like you're not exactly single yourself, you naughty drooling girl!

Can't have been the same guy from AP that came round to my place. Didn't make a good impression at all...

Ben
Old Aug 27th 2003, 5:19 am
NZ In Jan (Please!)

Ben
This AP guy was from South Africa and he was really tanned, with a lovely rear, especially from behind when he was climbing the stairs!! Does that sound like your guy?

P.S. Hubby allows me to look but not touch and I do so love window shopping....oh to be 20 again!!!

Sandra
Old Aug 27th 2003, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

Ben.M is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I can't say I paid too much attention to his rear but no, my guy was home bred.

Sounds like you have an understanding husband. Best you hang on to him!

Ben
Old Aug 27th 2003, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

MaryMc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Houses - NZ

SandyPandy,
Yes, your good looking guy from the packers is right, most houses have built in wardrobes here.
Now stop drooling and think about the packing!!
MaryMc
Old Aug 27th 2003, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

Akaubear is an unknown quantity at this point

Ditto! To both!

From what I can remember when we were looking at houses here, a bedroom can't be called a "bedroom" without a fitted wardrobe! (Unless that was just the new ones round here....?)

Nicola.

Originally posted by MaryMc
SandyPandy,
Yes, your good looking guy from the packers is right, most houses have built in wardrobes here.
Now stop drooling and think about the packing!!
MaryMc
Old Aug 27th 2003, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Don't think I've even seen a house / appartment in either NZ or OZ without Built in robes, so forget them unless you really want to import some very expensive firewood.
Old Aug 27th 2003, 4:30 pm
Non-addicted member!

garrisondamn will become famous soon enoughgarrisondamn will become famous soon enough

Yep, wardrobes in all NZ houses I've seen so far!
We shipped an Ikea dining room table&chairs, survived no probs, unlike otherstuff! (but that's a different story)

No Ikea in NZ, have to order it from OZ! We only shipped a moderate amount of stuff here & wish we had shipped the lot!!!!
We have had to go out and buy quite a bit of kit.
Ask Watt Dabney! (not sure if she still posts on here though)
She said the same.
Old Aug 27th 2003, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

Sarah2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sandypandy
Can anyone tell me whether it is a good idea to take our wardrobes to NZ? Very good looking guy from Anglo Pacific says most houses over there have built in wardrobes so ours will be redundant. Is he right. (He did try and give me more good advice but I was to busy drooling and I don't remember much else - other than that he was married )

Sandra
When I was a student the houses we lived in didn't have built in wardrobes so there are a few that don't but I would say most do. Probably the older houses that haven't been done up.
Old Aug 28th 2003, 8:42 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sandypandy
Hi Sky
One of our wardrobes is from Ikea as well - it's like a national disease "Ikeaitis", perhaps we should all be vaccinated against it!!
Hopefully we are off to Christchurch in Jan 04 so we may see you there

Sandra

Hi Sandra
That would be great we will have to arrange something, will be good to have someone going through the same settling in process as us.
Ive already had an email address pushed into my hand by a nurse working at the same Nuffield hospital as I was (she is going over to Aukland in 3wks for good with her family) and I promised to keep in touch and I dont really know her from Adam lol she just overheard me talking about NZ in the changing rooms. But I think when you have something as important as migrating in common you instantly make friends....we had a really long chat and it was great.
Sky
Old Aug 28th 2003, 9:49 am
NZ In Jan (Please!)

Originally posted by sky
Hi Sandra
That would be great we will have to arrange something, will be good to have someone going through the same settling in process as us.
Ive already had an email address pushed into my hand by a nurse working at the same Nuffield hospital as I was (she is going over to Aukland in 3wks for good with her family) and I promised to keep in touch and I dont really know her from Adam lol she just overheard me talking about NZ in the changing rooms. But I think when you have something as important as migrating in common you instantly make friends....we had a really long chat and it was great.
Sky
I'll send you a PM with my email address and perhaps we can have a chat

Sandra
Old Aug 28th 2003, 11:05 am
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by garrisondamn
Yep, wardrobes in all NZ houses I've seen so far!
We shipped an Ikea dining room table&chairs, survived no probs, unlike otherstuff! (but that's a different story)

No Ikea in NZ, have to order it from OZ! We only shipped a moderate amount of stuff here & wish we had shipped the lot!!!!
We have had to go out and buy quite a bit of kit.
Ask Watt Dabney! (not sure if she still posts on here though)
She said the same.

Hi Alan

Hope whatever it was that got damaged wasn't the bike!!!!
:scared:

Maybe thats the benefit of having a sole use container, it means that your stuff is handled less and therefore less damage risk? Maybe Mr mover would have an opinion on this.

As for what to bring, bring everything!!! Its an expensive game setting up a new life.

All those Christchurch bound we will have to have a get together when you get here!

Paula