Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Houses close to Brisbane - South of the river.

Houses close to Brisbane - South of the river.

Old May 28th 2008, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

cheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nice
Default Houses close to Brisbane - South of the river.

Hi Everyone,
Just need a bit of advice from people about housing suburbs. I have a job near Brisbane city centre on the south side of the river. We only arrived in Brisbane 8 days ago and are currently renting an apartment for a couple of weeks. We are driving around trying to find a suburb we would like to rent in but this seems to be a rather slow process hence my post asking for advice. I know its not to everyone's taste but we like modern housing estates can anyone suggest any such south side of the river suburbs within easy drive of the city centre?

Any advice will be very much appreciated.

Thanks Mark
Old May 28th 2008, 9:10 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Houses close to Brisbane - South of the river.

Have a look around the bayside suburbs from Manley West right up to Welly point..there are some pockets of modern housing ..they just take a bit of finding sometimes..

Always worth keeping in mind that it's useful to be near the train line.could be useful when petrol goes over $2 a litre..
Old May 28th 2008, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

cheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nice

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
Have a look around the bayside suburbs from Manley West right up to Welly point..there are some pockets of modern housing ..they just take a bit of finding sometimes..

Always worth keeping in mind that it's useful to be near the train line.could be useful when petrol goes over $2 a litre..
Thanks for your advice Trigger. We'll have a good look around the area you suggested. And I know what you mean about petrol prices - although still a lot cheaper than the UK's petrol prices the bigger distances can make filling the old car up very expensive.

Mark
Old May 28th 2008, 11:43 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

No advice Mark but wanted to wish you luck now you have finally arrived downunder,seems like ages since your journey started
Old May 28th 2008, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

clairer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cheshiremark
Hi Everyone,
Just need a bit of advice from people about housing suburbs. I have a job near Brisbane city centre on the south side of the river. We only arrived in Brisbane 8 days ago and are currently renting an apartment for a couple of weeks. We are driving around trying to find a suburb we would like to rent in but this seems to be a rather slow process hence my post asking for advice. I know its not to everyone's taste but we like modern housing estates can anyone suggest any such south side of the river suburbs within easy drive of the city centre?

Any advice will be very much appreciated.

Thanks Mark
springfield lakes in south west about 30 minute drive from southside (i think) is where we are its brand new,modern and stunning - you have got to check it out! You should also get a courier mail, in it they have a realestate paper which gives you a map of brisbane and names all the suburbs! rentals are in high demand (everywhere i think) we soon realsied that what happens here is you spot a house you like, the agent tells you the next viewing slot on it, and everyone who is interested all turns up at the same time to be shown around by the agent! if your interested in the property then you submit the forms -then its first come first serve, the tip is to attend the viewing with the forms already completed and photocopies of all the documents required (you can usually get the form of the agents website) that way you get in there first, oh and pester the agent to make sure you get it! hope this helps!
Old May 31st 2008, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by clairer
springfield lakes in south west about 30 minute drive from southside (i think) is where we are its brand new,modern and stunning - you have got to check it out! You should also get a courier mail, in it they have a realestate paper which gives you a map of brisbane and names all the suburbs! rentals are in high demand (everywhere i think) we soon realsied that what happens here is you spot a house you like, the agent tells you the next viewing slot on it, and everyone who is interested all turns up at the same time to be shown around by the agent! if your interested in the property then you submit the forms -then its first come first serve, the tip is to attend the viewing with the forms already completed and photocopies of all the documents required (you can usually get the form of the agents website) that way you get in there first, oh and pester the agent to make sure you get it! hope this helps!
Hi Clairer,
Thanks for the advise. We had a drive there this afternoon and it does look a very nice area - we even had a look in some lovely show houses there. We'll contact some real estate agents and check some rentals out this coming week

Mark
Old May 31st 2008, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

clairer is an unknown quantity at this point

its hard not to like isnt it! They have some new things going up the area, I hear (near the show houses) they are putting waterfalls in! seriously though you must take my advice with the rentals, get in there first!

PS Ive seen those show houses myself - WOW!!