Reload this Page >

Household debt-to-income ration in Australia

Household debt-to-income ration in Australia

Old Oct 3rd 2002, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

willywh3r3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Household debt-to-income ration in Australia

Hi,

I have read with great interest in this forum. It seems to me that there are two sides of the stories. One side of the stories tell 'how not so good the UK is' + 'how good Oz is' and the other stories tell the other way around.

I just found this chart in one pdf file I found in the net. It is very interesting that the household debt-to-income ratio in the UK is always higher than Australia from 1987 to 2000. This, more or less, justifies the stories of the first group of people. Nevertheless the recent news is that Australia household debt-to-income ratio is 128%.

http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/s690761.htm

----------
DR PETER BRAIN: The ratios are over the last eight years - the household debt to income ratio - has risen from about 70 per cent to 128 per cent currently.
-----------

The chart also shows how Australia catches up UK. This seems to support the stories for the second group of people who find life in Australia may not be the same a decade ago.

So, I think good or bad, we need to know the reason. It is good if we know the fact rather than emotion.
Attached Thumbnails Household debt-to-income ration in Australia-untitled.gif